You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

watch.spectrum.net not loading.

TC_
TC_ Posts: 8 Participant

I'm getting the circular loading but I've let it go for an hour and it never loads. Is the service down? I'm on Chrome that I always use and have cleared my cache and still nothing. Been down since yesterday.

Thanks

TC

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @TC_

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the site. I used the registration for the community here to look at the equipment. It looks like the modem has been online for quite a while without a reboot. Since our Spectrum TV app and the website would use your modem to authenticate the login to determine which channel line-up to show, if there's an error with that process it can cause issues logging in. Rebooting the modem and router will often clear up that issue. Are you able to reboot both your modem and router by unplugging both for 30-45 seconds and then trying to log in online to see if that fixes things for you?

Answers

• TC_

Looks like your API isn't loading based on the errors.

• TC_
    edited October 2022

The problem is with the actual website. They changed the code and it's now using an incorrect API location. All browsers block any cross origin requests to prevent malicious code from executing on the browser. I used Firefox so I could capture the error but it's happening on all browsers including Chrome and Edge.

Thanks

• TC_

Rebooting wasn't the answer, did nothing. I'll put in a problem ticket with the web group to fix it. Why was my post edited?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

If it's still out, just curious if you could log in to your account at www.spectrum.net and see if there are any relevant outage alerts at the top of your account summary. Spectrum was thus reporting watch.spectrum.net & the Spectrum TV app being out in some vicinities just last night.

• TC_

Thanks, no outages. I guess I'll have to call and make a ticket. My post was updated above that showed the issue with the cross origin code being denied by any browser and they removed it. The issue seems to be with the product as everything works except watch.spectrum.net.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Do you have any antivirus software or other software which could be impacting the connection such as a VPN? If so please pause that and test again. Do you have a completely different device you can test watch.spectrum.net and/or the Spectrum TV app?

• TC_

Yes, I've tried that. I'm thinking it may be my modem. I got it going last night for a short period and this morning it was doing the same thing. I did another reboot and it came back. For some reason my modem is losing authorization I guess that makes it throw the cross origin error. I'll see if it sticks tomorrow morning and if it loses the auth again, I'll go swap my modem.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.