You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum TV app not casting to tv

Str528
Str528 Posts: 9 Spectator

The last couple days I have been having a problem trying to cast the Spectrum app to my TV with Chromecast. I select my channel, hit the icon for Chromecast and it starts like it wants to cast but then it stops and tells me to select the channel, which I've already done. It won't cast anything to the TV, just gets stuck in that spot. I have reset my Chromecast. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spectrum app and nothing has helped. It's not the Chromecast because I have cast other things to my television through that and it works fine. I can watch shows on the app, just not cast to the TV. Please help, thank you!

Best Answer

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 660 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello all we now have a ticket in our system for the issues with the Spectrum TV App not connecting to Chromecasts. We are working to get this fixed as quickly as possible. Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

-Tyleen

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Str528

Welcome to our community! I'm not seeing any known issues with the screen mirroring currently. I would recommend rebooting the modem and router and then trying to cast again as a first step.

• Str528

I tried rebooting the modem and router but it didn't help

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thank you for trying. Are both devices on the same wireless network or do you have the chromecast connected to the wireless and are using the mobile data on the phone you are trying to mirror?

• Str528

They are both on the same wireless network

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

You mentioned that you restarted the chromecast, have you tried restarting the TV also?

• Str528

I did. I've restarted and rebooted everything I could think of, I don't know what else to do :(

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 660 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thank you for that information. Are you able to test any other devices to cast to the Chromecast? I have tested the Spectrum TV app with my own Chromecast and it is working without issues.

If you are having the same issue with more than one device can you try again to reset the modem and router? When resetting the modem make sure to unplug the power cord and coax cord for at least 30 seconds then plug it back in.

If you still have issues let us know!

-Tyleen

• deanmc20
    deanmc20 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having the same exact issue, which started a few days ago. I reported it to the developer via the Google Play store, but have yet to receive a response. It seems to be just the Spectrum app, as Chromecast is working normally for all other apps. Cleared app cache, and storage, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Also, rebooted Chromecast and all other Spectrum Equipment. Problem persists.

Please advise and thank you for your help in advance.

• Str528

Wake_101, I'm sorry you are having this problem too, but it makes me feel better that I'm not the only person so I don't feel crazy!

• Str528

I've had no issues casting other apps, only Spectrum

• davidjlykins
    davidjlykins Posts: 1 Newcomer

Am also having the same problem. So frustrating. Have done all the troubleshooting. All other apps cast fine. Clearly a new bug in the Spectrum app. I hate to think this is by design and an effort to force us all to rent a cable box. Sorry, won't do it.

• mike_1812
    mike_1812 Posts: 1 Newcomer

So same problem here.

I called Spectrum, and they tried a couple of things which didn't help.

Then they recommended doing a factory reset of the google play device. That took a while, but it worked, and i'm back to normal, and able to cast spectrum from the mobile app to the TV.

I really didn't think that was the issue, and that it wouldn't work, but I was wrong.

Good luck.

• James_M

Then they recommended doing a factory reset of the google play device. That took a while, but it worked, and i'm back to normal, and able to cast spectrum from the mobile app to the TV.

I really didn't think that was the issue, and that it wouldn't work, but I was wrong.

@mike_1812,

Thanks for the information!

• James_M

@Str528, @deanmc20, @Wake_101, @davidjlykins

@mike_1812 mentioned above that a factory reset of the Chromecast resolved the issue. I've included a link to How to factory reset your Chromecast, keep in mind it will clear all data and cannot be undone.

It appears that this issue is only impacting some devices. Please try the factory reset and let us know if it also resolves your issue. If the issue continues, please reply with model Chromecast device you are using as well as the model of TV or device you are using to cast so we can forward the informaiton to our developers for further investigation.

Thanks!

• James_M
    edited October 2022

Thanks for trying the reset @Wake_101

We have forwarded this issue to the app developers for investigation. We will provide an update as soon as one is available.

• berniez1
    berniez1 Posts: 6 Participant

New bug in Roku for Spectrum app. Since latest 10/10/2022 Spectrum update, possibly in concert with latest Roku update, I now have a small spinning blue circle in the top left of my screen, similar to a buffering symbol. This only happens with Roku Spectrum app. If I load the internal Spectrum app in my Samsung tv, this does not occur. It is tied to Roku and the Roku Spectrum app. Please advise

• Str528

I tried the factory reset of Chromecast and it didn't work. Still only the Spectrum app that won't cast while all the other apps will.

• Str528

I have the 3rd generation Chromecast and my TV is an Olevia

• James_M

@berniez1

New bug in Roku for Spectrum app. Since latest 10/10/2022 Spectrum update, possibly in concert with latest Roku update, I now have a small spinning blue circle in the top left of my screen, similar to a buffering symbol. This only happens with Roku Spectrum app. If I load the internal Spectrum app in my Samsung tv, this does not occur. It is tied to Roku and the Roku Spectrum app. Please advise

This sounds like a separate issue, since this thread is referencing Chromecast and your issue is with Roku. Please try resetting the Roku from the settings menu. If the issue continues, please let us know and include the Roku model in your response.

Thanks!

• buz123
    buz123 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 2022

I’m having trouble with the Spectrum app casting to Smartcast with the same issues. Tech did not give me a ticket number. I’ve done most all the above to no avail. My issues started the same day, so must be an app issue.

I did request a ticket number but said I must have a tv issue and gave me Vizio’s #

• James_M

@buz123

Hi & Welcome!

Smartcast is not currently supported with the Spectrum TV app. You would need to use a supported device, including Chromecast, Apple TV or Roku to use the Spectrum TV app. The app is also supported on Samsung Smart TV's

This discussion has been closed.