You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spam Risk Blockers

MaxedSpamRisk
MaxedSpamRisk Posts: 1 Newcomer

We used NoMoRobo with great results, then Spectrum took the oprion ot of our control and add the completely useless call blocker they have turned on. I just finished clearing my phone of 250 SpamRisk call that got passed tight thru my VOIP using Spectrum. This has been an ongoing useless option for several years.........I know that Spectrum management could care less.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

Hello @MaxedSpamRisk

A couple of things,

When Spam Risk is turned on the callers should not be leaving messages. If your Spam Risk callers are able to leave messages, I would contact Spectrum to make sure that Call Guard is set up correctly. We have had a few customers where "My Account" showed Call Guard was on and Spam Risk was on, even though callers were still able to leave messages. Call Spectrum to make sure your Call Guard is set up correctly!

Great news! You can still use Nomorobo with Call Guard! You just need to re-run the set up program and re-enter the new Simultaneous Ring number that Nomorobo gives you during set up. The link here will show you how to reactivate Nomorobo on your Spectrum Voice landline:

Satch

• susansstewarthouse
    susansstewarthouse Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 2022

How about an option to ask callers marked as spam risk to enter a code to get through? Some phones already have this feature. Why can't Spectrum.???

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Hello @susansstewarthouse and welcome to the Spectrum Community! Thank you for your feedback, I can certainly pass this along to our product development team.

If you should have any further questions, please let us know.

Paul_B

• dmgr157
    dmgr157 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have tried reactivating Nomorobo, followed all the steps/settings and when I go to do the verification the phone hangs up after 2 rings and can not complete the Nomorobo verification. Any help would be appreciated, these calls are getting out of control and Spectrum CS isnt helping...

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor
    edited October 2022

Hello @dmgr157 ,

I would suggest submitting your issues via the Nomorobo Help Desk submission form and they can respond back for further assistance: Type you query here: i,e verification problem, And than fill out the "Contact Us" form with your specific information:

https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Satch

This discussion has been closed.