You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Outlook Not Sending Emails Out

NancyCS
NancyCS Posts: 6 Spectator

Outlook is not sending my emails but I have no issue receiving mail. Sending and receiving mail in Spectrum is not a problem. My settings have all been checked in Outlook and they are all correct. This started two weeks ago. Microsoft trouble shooting can't fix it saying it is a problem with Spectrum. I read the discussions about it and they have been closed with no resolution.

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @NancyCS

Welcome to our community! Our employees are limited in the assistance we can offer when it comes to issues with third party mail clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird as we do not have access to their infrastructure. We do have some community members here with quite a bit of knowledge, who may be able to help you figure out the exact cause so you can get the issue resolved.

• NancyCS

Thank you Renee. It isn't an Outlook/Microsoft issue so I hope someone with knowledge of the issue replies. Thanks again!

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Do you get any error message when you try send emails through outlook?

Did Microsoft not provide any details about what they thought the problem with us was?

Are you able to log in and send email through our webmail?

Are you using these server settings?

Can you test on a different device, and/or while connected to a different network?

• NancyCS

Hi Michael, yes, I get an error message and sent Microsoft technical support the screenshot of it. They did not provide any details as to why Spectrum is the problem. I can send and receive emails through Spectrum email without an issue. My server settings are correct and confirmed by Microsoft technical support. I only have Outlook on one computer - the computer in my office for my business. This is why it's important for me to have the issue fixed. I can not respond to anyone, vendors or customers using Outlook.

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Hello @NancyCS

Could you please provide the error message you are receiving so we can take a look at what might be going on? If there is any personally identifiable information such as email address, IP address etc, you would want to redact that information from the screenshot. We are quite limited with regards to what troubleshooting we can offer for 3rd party mail clients. If the settings are correct, generally speaking, you should be able to send and receive email without an issue.

Paul_B

• NancyCS

Thank you. I've attached the error I get. My settings are correct.

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Thank you for providing the error message. Can you advise what troubleshooting Microsoft had you do?

Paul_B

• NancyCS

I sent them (through the "contact help chat in Outlook) every screenshot they asked for (error message, all of my Spectrum settings, outbox emails stuck in there for days), I had to uninstall my anti-virus then run a Microsoft "repair", then reinstall my anti-virus. Restarted my computer and issue was not resolved. That went on for 3 days and they told me to call Microsoft Technical Support who told me it was not a Microsoft issue and to contact Spectrum. Do you think I can get someone from Spectrum to remote in and look at what's going on? Emails have not been sent since 11/14! I will call Spectrum tomorrow when I'm back in the office. Thank you.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

Forget about it not being a problem with Outlook for a minute and repair the PST or OST file. If that doesn't fix it, create a new test-case profile in Outlook and set up your email account therein and, if that works OK, import all of your stuff from the old profile into the new one and stick with that and then, by and by, delete the old corrupt one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshooting-outlook-issues-241bb0fc-b201-4bb2-98d3-74750a27029e

• NancyCS

Thank you for this. I will definitely try it. I'll let you know if it works!

This discussion has been closed.