You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Error unable to save blocked senders

rjstjohn
rjstjohn Posts: 3 Spectator

I seem to be getting a lot (and I mean A LOT!!) of spam messages to my Spectrum account in the past 2 weeks. When I try to block these senders, I get this message:

Error: Error unable to save blocked senders

Why can I no longer add e-mail addresses to my blocked senders list, and why can't/wont Spectrum filter out these obviously invalid spam e-mails? Gmail seems to do a much better job.

Answers

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Hello @rjstjohn.

In researching this I did locate that the limits for the blocked senders list is 250. Do you think there is a chance that you have more than that?

We want to encourage you to report those as spam. If nobody reports those they won't be blocked. It has to be a group effort, marking as spam is how our system knows they are not legitimate emails.

• rjstjohn

Seeing I've been on Spectrum, and before that Charter, I'm SURE I have more than 250 blocked contacts. In 2022, the number of imposters seem to grow expeditiously every week. Any chance that Spectrum will increase the number of blocked addresses so that we don't have this problem? In this day and age, 250 seems like a small number.

• rjstjohn

If we mark these as Spam using the Spectrum app, can we be assured they will be flagged accordingly so that we don't have to worry about individually blocking addresses? That is my concern - e-mails I have marked as Spam come back again the next day, week, month with no stopping or changes happening.

• mbar
    mbar Posts: 1 Newcomer

A 250 limit should be noted in the Settings or in Troubleshooting. There needs to be more than 250. 90% of the spam emails are from charter.net

This discussion has been closed.