You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Unable to send email through Outlook

ray_paxton
ray_paxton Posts: 3 Spectator
Well it looks like I have the same problem as well.. Lets see been using Outlook for at least 12 years on 4 different notebooks all working well until November and then POP it doesn't work anymore...-- I can receive mail but I can't send it out using outlook. All the message everyone has documented - received all of them too. Lets see the standard reply -- goto to the web version -- yes that works...... yes the ports are correct ..... yes the setup is correct.

So let's see Spectrum do you care about your customers? Have you attempted to reach out to your customer -- or even maybe have you asked a tech to research the problem and get it fixed or was it the simple approach -- its's microsoft problem..

Spectrum - your in these towns because of the cable contracts... and yes I know the internet is not part of the cable -- ..... But since the towns allowed you in and frankly we allowed you to have a monopoly controlling the price and services. So Spectrum lets make the effort to fix the problem -- and if it truly Microsoft problem -- you do know you could publish it and shut us all up. Until you attempt to solve the problem and document it -- it's your problem. and you don't frankly care about your customers.

Maybe at a point we will all say -- enough Spectrum - we will speak to our state rep's and ask them to modify the laws... So Spectrum arhe you going to make the effort ????

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @ray_paxton, welcome to our community!

I've split your comment into a new thread so we can focus on fixing your issue. The only customers I have seen posting about email issues have had different error messages which required different solutions. We absolutely do care about our customers and we have reached out to every one who has posted about an issue with their service.

We do not have a monopoly on email service, it is provided as a courtesy for free with our internet service but there are many alternatives for you to use. We will try to fix any email issues you might have, but cannot provide support for 3rd party software like Outlook, we can only ensure you have the correct settings and that our servers are working. We would not have any way to document or publish issues with software that is not ours.

Yes, checking webmail will usually be the first thing we ask. It ensures that the account is active, you have the correct password, and that our email servers are working. Thanks for letting us know you tested that already.

What is the exact error message you are receiving, and at what point does the error come up?

Are you set up as POP3 or IMAP? Will you please share the other server and port settings you have entered?

Answers

• ray_paxton

I did speak to charter and they said both email accounts were active..

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor

They’ve been explicitly deprecating those old server domain names and settings for years regardless of when the rubber actually meets the road for any given thing. Otherwise you take what you can get for as long as you can without any expectations. You may have to go with all of the currently specified domain names & settings sooner or later but i’d start by changing the port to 587 and enabling SSL/TLS as well as SPA for the outgoing and go from there.

Spectrum Email Server Settings

Set Up Spectrum Email on Microsoft Outlook

• ray_paxton

Match what charter recommend.

This discussion has been closed.