You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Need to Sign-In Frequently

rarmenti
rarmenti Posts: 3 Spectator

I have a Roku Ultra and latest version of Spectrum App installed. Quite frequently i need to sign-into my Spectrum account to view content. Previous to last two updates i didn't have to do that, i was always signed in. It's been very annoying especially because of Roku's cumbersome login screen which takes forever to navigate letters and numbers for user name and password. Thanks, Bob

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @rarmenti

Welcome to our community! I haven't noticed having to log in more often, but I'm using a Roku TV, not a Roku Ultra. Have you checked in the settings on the home screen to see if there's an update available for the Roku itself?

Answers

• rarmenti

Thanks for getting back to me Renee, appreciate the quick response! I have removed the app, and then re-installed latest but I experienced the same issue, where sometimes I have to sign back in to watch content. Subsequently I checked with Roku support, and took suggestion to clear cache, re-boot Roku, etc. So far so good, will report back in a week or so to advise if the problem still persists.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Sounds good. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

• Rich57
    Rich57 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just want to mention that I am having the same issue on multiple Roku devices. We have four Rokus and Spectrum login credentials need to be re-entered about every two days on three of them. The fourth one is fine. Have rebooted the devices to no effect. Will look into how to clear the cache and see if that helps.

• apdebecker
    apdebecker Posts: 18 Participant

Having the same issue on all my Rokus. When I start the Spectrum app, three out of four times it will stay on "checking your subscription status" then tell me it can't verify my credentials and takes me to the login screen. Re-entering my credentials doen' t guarantee that it will let me in. I found that I can just hit the home button on the Roku and keep trying until it lets me in, usually takes several retries.

• apdebecker

I read @rarmenti's post above and cleared the cache on my Rokus and that fixed the problem. I followed the instructions at this link and it worked on both my oldest and newest model Rokus:

https://www.technewstoday.com/how-to-clear-cache-on-roku/

• apdebecker
    edited December 2022

Nope, I spoke too soon. It seems this problem mostly occurs during prime time and when people watch a lot of TV. When I cleared the caches on my Rokus it was around noon on Saturday, not a real busy TV watching time, so the problem didn't occur. But when I started up the app during prime time yesterday the problem was there again, and it's the same this morning. I tried clearing the cache again but it didn't help.

So, to recap, each time I try to start the Spectrum app I have to try it 3 or 4 times at least before it will get past the "checking your subscription" and let me watch TV. Really annoying.

• rarmenti

So after a few weeks after clearing cache, re-installing application, no joy. I still find there are occasions where I have to login, again! I can honestly say I don't have this issue with any of my other applications running on my Roku's.

This discussion has been closed.