You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Continue watching box upon start up

Magicman52
Magicman52 Posts: 20 Participant

After turning off the TV for several hours, when I sign back in, there is a box in the center of the screen that asks if I want to continue watching. The is no option to say "NO". I try backing out using the back arrow on the remote and I get the blue whirly circle in the upper left corner. I then need to close the app and sign in again. It appears to only happen on my Roku 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K. I have software 11.5.0 - build 4235-CU.

Answers

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Good evening @Magicman52

It sounds like when you turn off the tv, the Roku stick is staying powered on with our app running. You may have to close out the app before you turn off the TV.

Randy

• Magicman52

This never happened until a recent update. The ROKU stick has always been plugged into an outlet so that the device is always on. This is a Spectrum issue because Spectrum designed the app.

As a customer, it should be seamless to power the TV and get the programming without having to answer questions.

Please have your programmers revisit this issue and create a resolution.

Thank you for continuing to try and help resolve my issue.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Noted and I will pass along your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Randy

• Magicman52

One more comment. All my five TV’s have ROKU sticks using power from an outlet, not from the TV itself. As before, the problem I have mentioned occurs on all TV’s since a recent Spectrum update.

Thanks again for your time.

This discussion has been closed.