You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

When will Spectrum support the Samsung Watch 5 pro?

billsp
billsp Posts: 6 Spectator

Best Answers

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 660 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

There is no information at this time as to if or when it will be supported via a cellular connection. The watch should still be able to work with your phone via bluetooth and wifi.

-Tyleen

• Ruben_R
    Ruben_R Posts: 67 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

I do apologize for this, unfortunately we don't have that information at this time.

Answers

• billsp

Thanks Tyleen, yes it does work w/bt/wifi. However the pro has same lte (esim) which is supported with Apple Iwatch so strange Spectrum wouldn't even have a timeframe to support cellular

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 660 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

You're welcome. Our team is not given any information as to time frames for any devices to be added to mobile support.

You are able to call in to 1-833-224-6603 to speak with the mobile team directly to see if they have any potential information.

-Tyleen

• DaveAnyc
    DaveAnyc Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just got a watch4, and found out I can't use it as a standalone device with SpectrumMobile. I really don't want to get an iPhone.

Hopefully Spectrum Mobile is going to realize that there are as many Android phone users as Iphone users (if not more) and up the game. I like the service so far, but I'm definitely looking at other carriers that give better support to Androids.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

I do apologize for the inconvenience this causes. I can pass this feedback along to our Mobile team regarding the option to add other Smart watches.

• billsp
    edited January 11

I’ve now owned my Samsung watch 5 for almost a yr and am looking for an update as to when Spectrum will support mobile plans for it?

• billsp

Appreciate the answer here Ruben but now want to get in touch with someone in management who can actually speak to why this isn't supported and when it will be. I've now spoken with several agents over last year who all say same thing. Can you put me in touch with someone at Charter who can actually answer this?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited January 11

Unfortunately, there is no additional information at this time regarding if or when Samsung watches will be supported. The watch should still be able to work with your phone via Bluetooth and WIFI.

I've included a link to Spectrum Mobile Supported Devices that you can check occasionally for updates and announcements regarding supported devices.

• billsp

Thanks James and yes, of course Samsung watch works with bluetooth. Question I'd like to have actually answered is when will Spectum support lte on it. Is crazy that the exact same functionality is supported for Apple watch but not Samsung. Can someone on this forum supply some contact info at Spectrum where we can get an actual answer as to when this will be available (and why it somehow still isn't)

Thanks

• James_M
    edited January 11

We have reached out to the mobile team and they have advised that no additional information is available.

We will certainly forward your feedback and request to have Samsung watches supported.

• billsp

Thanks again James and while I do appreciate your follow-up here, still doesn't answer the question. I (and many others) have for literally over year now been clamoring for Spectrum to support this...so know the mobile team is aware. I'm wondering if we can get in touch with them to find out why they still aren't supported and roughly when they will. We know it's not a technical issue since Apple watch lte has been supported all this time.

• James_M

You are certainly welcome to contact Spectrum Mobile Customer Service directly at 866.782.2681 to see if they have any additional information that they can share regarding when or if Samsung watches will be supported.

This discussion has been closed.