You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why is the Spectrum app blurry on both my Apple TVs?

ClayBuck
ClayBuck Posts: 5 Spectator

I have taken a variety of steps to solve the issue of a blurry picture on both of my Apple TVs, including a visit by a technician and the problem remains. The Spectrum app is the only app with this problem. Seems to be a problem with the Spectrum app itself. Looking for help!

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,067 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @ClayBuck, welcome to our community!

I was able to locate your account from your community registration, and I am seeing the app is reporting very low bitrates and errors that indicate an internet connection issue. While you might not have noticed issues on other apps, the Spectrum TV provides live TV service that does not have a buffer so it can be more susceptible to intermittent problems.

Do you have any devices that can connect with an ethernet cable you can use to test the app or watch.spectrum.net? If not, make sure you on the 5G network and test in the same room as the router. Please test the app and also try a speed test by going to speedtest.net.

• ClayBuck

Thanks. I have a couple of followup questions. How do I check to see if I am on the 5G network? I had a speed test when the technician came a couple of days ago, and speed was great. Would a new router help? I don't know if I can connect either of my Apple TVs with an ethernet cable. We have an American Security system for our condo and the cable outlets have what maybe an ethernet outlet below the cable outlet (photo attached), but I don't know if these outlets are "live".

• ClayBuck

One very important point that I forgot. The newest Apple TV's, which I have, do NOT have ethernet ports, so wifi is the only option. Therefore, the one remaining question is, will a new router make a difference?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,067 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

It does look like you have an older modem/router that we don't use anymore, so that might be part of the problem. You should have two WiFi networks and one will have a -5G at the end of its name. If you are not on that network I recommend switching to it, but if the issue persists on 5G even in the same room as the router I definitely recommend replacing the modem/router for newer models at a Spectrum store.

• ClayBuck

I am heading to the Spectrum store tomorrow to exchange for a new modem and am also replacing my old router. I'll let you know if that resolves the issue.

• Thiggs18
    Thiggs18 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’m having the same issues. I’ve remedied all of the theories and nothing fixes it.

• ClayBuck

Issue is resolved. Not sure how or what fixed it, but picture is perfect now.

This discussion has been closed.