You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why has Spectrum removed MASN & MASN2 from the line up

Cat_in_the_Hat
Cat_in_the_Hat Posts: 1 Newcomer

We were led to believe these channels disappeared because they are now only available via streaming, but MASN indicates that isn't correct but that Spectrum simply failed to negotiate a new agreement. Those of us who enjoy watching the Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals would like the channels restored to the line up...not to mention there was no corresponding reduction in our monthly rates as a result of the reduced product being removed. What needs to be done to restore these channels to our line-up?

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN)'s carriage agreement for Spectrum has not been renewed, and the programming has been removed effective 4/1/23. We value our customers and work every day to provide the best service at the most reasonable prices.

Unfortunately, there are currently no other viewing options for these games on our channel lineup and would also not be available in MLB Extra Innings for your area. From time to time, MLB partners such as TBS, ESPN, Apple TV+ and FOX will carry select MLB games. 

We appreciate your feedback and will forward it to our leadership.

Answers

• Dahaywood
    Dahaywood Posts: 1 Newcomer

MASN was one of the prime reasons for subscribing Spectrum TV. If it is not going to be returned I will be one of many leaving Spectrum TV.

• R_Lewis
    R_Lewis Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have for quite some time considered moving to one of the streaming options for my television subscription service. The rate that I am paying Spectrum included the MASN and MASN2 channels and I watch a lot of sports on those two channels. If they are not returned very soon, that will certainly give me the impetus to just go ahead and move on from Spectrum.

• Max23430
    Max23430 Posts: 1 Newcomer

MASN and MASN2 are sorely missed from the channel line up. Question: Are you still in negotiations with MASN to restore these channels? If not, why not. Thanks in advance for your reply.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Hello @Max23430 and welcome to the Spectrum Community. We do not see any alerts along the lines of your question and are not kept in the loop with ongoing negotiations with any particular channel. However, we hear how important it is to you and will be sure to pass along your feedback.

Randy

• Osfan
    Osfan Posts: 1 Newcomer

I heard there was some negotiating going on with MASN channel. Is this true. If not I will be cancelling.

• CJCinRaleigh
    CJCinRaleigh Posts: 1 Newcomer

I recently moved from Northern Virginia and was pretty happy to see that Spectrum carried MidAtlantic Sports Network (MASN).

Boy was I unhappy to find that Spectrum did not renew the MASN agreement.

Please get a deal done.

CJC in Raleigh.

• BGila
    BGila Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Do guys know that there are many fans of the Nationals and Orioles here in central NC?

• Sening9
    Sening9 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Is there a work around for this? We have spent the last 7 summers in Corolla and look so forward to watching the Nat's on MASN and MASN2. Is there an app we can get or something? An extra fee we can pay? Help please.

• Community_Help
    Community_Help Posts: 27 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@Sening9

Unfortunately, there are currently no other viewing options for these games on our channel lineup and would also not be available in MLB Extra Innings for your area. From time to time, MLB partners such as TBS, ESPN, Apple TV+ and FOX will carry select MLB games. 

This discussion has been closed.