You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Is there a WPS button or a digital version for a WiFi 6 router?

ChadS
ChadS Posts: 7 Spectator

This is probably a dumb question, but my old isp had a wps button on the router, and within the routers webpage. This made connecting a powerline adapter a breeze for simply just extending the range, not necessarily just for creating a separate network or two. I’d like to increase just the range, so more or less, as if the router is in the same room, but from across the house. I got it connected for now, but it created two separate band networks; and I know the speeds could be far better than they are now; I’ll still be playing with it regardless, but I thought I’d try to gather some answers in the meantime from others, who have done this already.

How can I go about this? Can I just search my routers ip address and that’ll bring up its webpage and wps will be in the settings? or what can I do? It’s a wifi 6 router, just got my service this past Sunday.

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 391 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited April 2023

Good evening @ChadS and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the WPS option with our Advance Wireless. The WPS is not available with our Advance Wireless. You are able to make certain changes using our My Spectrum App. To learn more please visit the information on our Advanced Wireless If you have further questions please let us know. - Lyn

• RAIST5150
    RAIST5150 Posts: 918 Contributor

WPS has some serious security issues. Not uncommon for it to be disabled--if even present at all.

This discussion has been closed.