You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Audio goes out of sync when streaming tv on spectrum app.

Options
JeffDuke
JeffDuke Posts: 16 Participant

So we've got the tv streaming package and stream tv through the spectrum app on our Samsung TV. Audio will be sync'd fine but eventually it will start lagging until it's completely off. Changing the channel to another station and then back fixes it.

Any ideas on this?

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,728 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi & welcome!

There are currently no known widespread issues impacting Roku at this time. In most cases, restarting the modem and restarting the Roku from the settings menu should resolve most issues.

If the issues continue, then it is usually a connectivity issue. Are you also seeing an error message? Are you able to replicate the issue using the Spectrum TV app on a different device?

Answers

• Ruben_R
    Ruben_R Posts: 84 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I'm really sorry for the issues that you're having. Is this happening n live streaming or on recorded programs?

• tscurlo
    tscurlo Posts: 9 Participant
    Options

Same with me. Spectrum App on ROKU Ultra device. On all channels.

Voice and Picture get out of Sync... then Picture Jumps backwards... then forwards again... and syncs up.

Started about 3 weeks ago, when I saw a Spectrum Trunk enter and leave the neighborhood.

During that 3 week period... I logged on to my Spectrum account once and there was a Red Warning box saying

they were having issues with the Spectrum App. The warning is gone... but the issues with the App and the syncing

are still present.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,090 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Sorry about that @JeffDuke, we actually have to initiate the private message but I was already able to locate your account with your community registration.

Issues like this are generally caused by connectivity problems, and I see the TV you are streaming from is reporting a bitrate of under 3 Mb/s which is insufficient. It looks like you haven't tried rebooting your modem in a few weeks so I recommend starting with that, followed by a reboot of your router. If the issue persists please try testing testing closer to the router or with another device. Make sure you are consistently getting good speed by running a speedtest at http://bit.ly/2rrccMP or speedtest.net.

@tscurlo I don't see any app usage from you in the past few days so I can't check your bitrates, but please try the same troubleshooting as above and let us know if the issue persists. Please try testing with just one device connected straight to the modem with an ethernet cable if you can.

• FASHIONABLE1
    FASHIONABLE1 Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited October 2023
    Options

For several weeks, I have had issues with the Spectrum TV app glitching - sound out of sync with video and periodically speeding up to resync only to get out of sync again happing on 2 separate Roku sticks, one if which is brand new. I am tech savvy and have done all of the standard troubleshooting- reset modem and roku stick multiple times. checked for app updates (it was up-to-date), un/re installed Spectrum TV app on both Roku sticks, and confirmed the issue was NOT seen with any other apps used on Roku). This is clearly a Spectrum TV app-related issue. When will this be fixed? TV is unwatchable and I will need to cancel my Spectrum cable service if there is not a reasonable ETA for resolution. Please advise.

• cbl2507
    cbl2507 Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have been having the same issue as stated above with my Spectrum app on Roku for the last few days. I to am simple tech savvy and have done everything fashionable1 outlined. It is happening on all three of my Roku devices. It is also occurring on my neighbors Spectrum app as we are trying to watch the Braves game right now and it glitching really bad. Please help.

• andymp3
    andymp3 Posts: 13 Participant
    Options

Yep same here .. Been ongoing for days, sync is awful, skips backwards, speeds up, sound out of sync. Ya .. did all the same troubleshooting..

• RB2173
    RB2173 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue fir the past several days when using the Spectrum App on my Roku and non Roku TVs.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,728 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 2023
    Options

@cbl2507, @andymp3 & @RB2173

There are currently no known widespread issues impacting Roku at this time. In most cases, restarting the modem and restarting the Roku from the settings menu should resolve most issues. If there is a separate router, it should be restarted as well. Looking at account information, I am seeing that the modems associated with the accounts have not been recently reset successfully. I have included a troubleshooting link that outlines the steps in more detail.

If the issues continue, then it is usually a connectivity issue. Are you also seeing an error message? Are you able to replicate the issue using the Spectrum TV app on a different device?

• cbl2507
    cbl2507 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

Hey @James_M ,

I performed the hardware reset per the instructions you added. Still having the glitching/out of sync issues with only the Spectrum app on all three of my Roku devices. It doesn't do it on any other app I have on Roku. I just had to watch the Braves baseball game on Max instead of Spectrum. That kinda eliminates connectivity issues doesn't it? I have no other error messages or functionality issues with the Spectrum app besides the glitching/out of sync situation all of us are describing. And just because there are not issues widespread it doesn't mean we are not having the issues we are concerned about.

• Zardath
    Zardath Posts: 7 Participant
    Options

I came here to the Spectrum App Roku form specifically because I am also having this very same issue. I feel a little better that others have the same issue, as hopefully there is 'strength in numbers'.

Since multiple people are now experiencing this same issue, and the previously given advice to 'restart modem & Roku from settings menu' does not fix the issue...@James_M can/should now escalate this issue up the chain to be further identified and solved by Spectrum tech support.

• Jc6176
    Jc6176 Posts: 14 Participant
    Options

I am a new customer. The service line on the pole is only about a month old. I have a Samsung tv and the lip sync issue is awful. I have tried everything the techs suggested. Was told to use a Roku but I’m not convinced that will fix my problem. This issue needs the attention it deserves. If not fixed I’m going back to direct tv.

• Jc6176
    Options

Jeff the techs told me the same thing and i replied exactly as you. The I was told to get a Roku stick. They need to address this issue it had been going on since 2022. You can see other posts that far back.

• William_M
    Options

@JeffDuke Your bitrate isn't going to be your full internet speed, and you can still have issues like speed drops, time outs, packet loss, even if your average download speed is good. When watching TV live our app can't load content in advance to use during times of buffering like other apps. The app reports bitrates and buffering events to us when in use which is where I got the 3 Mb/s from. Your modem is still showing an up time of 25 days. Rebooting is an extremely simple troubleshooting step which legitimately fixes most connection issues, we don't always ask for this for no reason. Please let us know if that helps.

@Jc6176 Welcome, but is it exactly the same except your bitrate is dropping even more frequently. I do see you have reboot recently but it looks like your TV is on 2.4Ghz WiFi which is the older band that is slow and prone to radio interference. It is likely either far away from the router, has something dense between, or the TV only has 2.4Ghz. Are you able to try moving the TV closer to the router, at least temporarily for testing, or use another one of your devices which are all currently on 5Ghz?

• William_M
    edited October 2023
    Options

Even if I felt it was an app issue nothing can be escalated without verifying all proper troubleshooting has been completed. Every user who has posted here and in other threads I can see excessive bitrate drops caused by varying connection issues that first need to be addressed.

@cbl2507 I appreciate you completing that troubleshooting, I can see the modem has been rebooted and has a healthy connection. I am seeing an issue with the router however calculating wireless connections. This was previously a known issue but should now be resolved with a factory reset by holding the reset button on the back of the router for 30+ seconds. Please note this will reset your network name, password, and other settings. If it does not the reset was not successful

@Zardath Your modem is showing an up time of 28 days so let's start with a reboot. I also see you are using an older D3.0 modem which could be causing issues as we are on 3.1, and is not approved for your subscribed speed. I recommend upgrading it as soon as possible.

• Jc6176
    Options

The Tv is about 20 feet from the modern. The modern and WiFi are elevated and the line of sight is clear. The issue only happens when using the spectrum app. I had Direct tv for years and century link WiFi with only 10 mbs and did not have this problem.

• Jc6176
    Options

So I called Samsung tech support. Went through their trouble steps. They determined this is a problem with the spectrum app due to the fact I am not having the issue with other apps. They suggested the developers of the spectrum app should release a fix for this issue. I am using the app on a TCL Roku tv and do not have the issue there. So my last step is to hook up a Roku stick to my Samsung tv to see if that will fix the issue. I wii post my results…..

• FASHIONABLE1
    FASHIONABLE1 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

This is clearly is an app issue, as I have done all recommended troubleshooting multiple times with NO RESOLUTION. Please escalate immediately.

• Jc6176
    Options

JeffDuke

samsung support had me unplug my tv for 60 sec and restart. Go to Home Screen, apps. Go to right top settings, find spectrum app, drop down under app and reinstall. Open app on Home Screen. So far this seems to work. We will see how long…….

• Jc6176
    Options

Well the Samsung troubleshooting fix lasted about 30 min then the spectrum app started glitching again lip sync is awful. So disappointed!!!

This discussion has been closed.