Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Why the default changeπŸ‘Ž

StormyKnightStormyKnight Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Spectrum TV for Roku Devices Aug 05, 2020

So this past Monday the Spectrum app started defaulting to channel 1. Why?

I usually watch a couple channels consistently and neither is near channel 1. If I'm watching channel 48 and then go to Netflix upon returning to the Spectrum app it used to go right back to channel 48. πŸ‘

Now when I leave the Spectrum app, go to Netflix and return to the app it does not go back to channel 48, it goes to channel 1. I've had the service for 2 years and now it's changed. I DO NOT LIKE THIS ONE BIT!!!!!! I've never had an issue with the app starting on the last channel I was watching so why the change? Actually, I don't care why the change.....change it back to the way it was. I don't want to have to go to the guide to scroll to the channel I watch most I want it there when I start the app like it used to be!!! What a waste of time and effort Spectrum has created.πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽGot it?

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,284 Lead Mod
    Aug 05, 2020

Hello!

We are working on getting the ability to select your power on channel option restored.

If you will check that again in a few days it would be appreciated. You should have the option back.

Hope you have a great rest of the day!

Julia R

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited August 6 Aug 06, 2020

Thank you!!! And thank you, Julia R. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘I hope I wasn't too mean- just frustrated.

I hope you have a great day too. 🌞 and a great night.πŸŒ›

• jeffbjeffb Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Aug 06, 2020

Thank you for fixing the default channel. I also noticed all my favorites disappeared and the app was running very slow so I gave up trying to restore them. Is there maybe an updated app coming soon to fix these problems?

Thank you,

Jeff

• bdenegarbdenegar Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Aug 06, 2020

Go to setup. Turn "Startup Channel" off. The statrtup channel will now revert to last channel watched.

edited August 6 Aug 06, 2020

@bdenegar - I spoke with two tech guys on Monday and neither one could resolve the issue- here's why. It wasn't until I talked with a customer service rep that I found out the app had been changed so it had nothing to do with Roku or an internet problem as the tech guys thought. She also said tech support was not notified of the change because it was a change in the app's behavior/design so it was not considered a technical support issue.

• ZardathZardath Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Aug 08, 2020

Hello Spectrum,

I am also experiencing this issue.

It defaults to Channel 1, no longer the last channel I was was watching before exiting the app.

Would you please fix this? Seems to have happened right after the big storm that came through the NY area last week. Not sure if it's related, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for addressing this.

• PaulieBPaulieB Posts: 1 ✭
    Aug 08, 2020

we use a few roku devices for spectrum.. a couple weeks ago it started to default to our local baynews9 instead of the last channel watched. as of a few days ago it defaults to NY-news. I very much hate this and want a way to set my default startup channel.

• Marlene_IMarlene_I Posts: 2 ✭
    Aug 10, 2020

Same problem, not sure why the chose to default to NY, considering I live in Florida. Go to settings and you can change it to a different channel or last channel.

Aug 10, 2020

A couple people have mentioned "go to settings" to change the default. On the Roku or in the app? I have a Roku Ultra and I can't find anything in the settings that suggests what you are saying is possible. Can someone elaborate? Please?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,247 ADMIN
    Aug 10, 2020

Hi everyone,

From Spectrum TV for Roku: Settings, here is how to manage the Startup Channel: