You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Apple TV ACF-9000 error code

C_Kurdt
C_Kurdt Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am getting ACF-9000 error. I have unplugged the modem and router twice, restarted the Apple TV device at least three times, with the same error. What is causing this? It was working fine about an hour ago. Is there any report of an outage at the 34638 area?

Best Answers

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Good morning!

A few questions.

1.  When you rebooted did you unplug it from the wall?

2. Have you verified the device firmware is up to date. 

3. Do you have this problem on both 2Ghz and 5Ghz network? Do you have the problem hardwired and on WiFi?

4. Are you able to login on other devices? Are you able to login at Spectrum.net?

Julia 

Julia 

Answers

• eagleyes
    eagleyes Posts: 1
    I am unable to get the app to work. it was working until this week. I ah e logged out and back in, rebooted the AppleTV, and even delete the app and reinstalled. Any Ideas?
  • eagleyes
    eagleyes Posts: 1

Yes, I am on my home Spectrum network.  The unplugging of the Modem from the wall fixed the issue. 

Thanks

E-

• CharlieF
    CharlieF Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

I've been getting this error on all my apple TV's for the last couple of weeks or so....app works fine on other apple devices.....

• Julia_R

Hello @CharlieF

Sorry to hear this is happening. Can you tell us a bit aboout how those are connected?Do you get the error when you are directly connected to the modem? Are you in home or out?

What steps, if any, have you taken to work on this issue?

Julia_R

• CharlieF
    CharlieF Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

I am only getting this error on my apple TVs (both hard wired and wifi). I just checked my iphone, and have the same behavior (its working on cell only), so, seems something is being blocked. Is there a tech doc that shows what ports need to be opened in the firewall?

• Julia_R

@CharlieF First step in this case would be to unplug the power to your modem, and router if you are using a separate one, for about 1 minute. Plug the modem back in first and let it finish its reboot completely before plugging in the power to your router.

If you are still getting the error after that please let us know what is it precisely.

You are on your home network where you subscribe to both Internet and the video service correct?

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.