You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why is the El Rey Network Gone?

2»

Comments

• RuWiHa
    RuWiHa Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am so disappointed that El Rey Network is gone. Please renegotioate Spectrum and get it back!!!!

• EileenRM72
    EileenRM72 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm devastated at losing El Rey and Fusion. I was told that it was no longer available but yet it still shows as a subscribed channel that I have with my current plan. As a former Time Warner customer grandfathered into Spectrum, l was told if I switch to spectrum I would have both channels but would have to pay higher rates.

• JackF
    JackF Posts: 1 Newcomer

I too miss El Rey!!!!

• rogue
    rogue Posts: 3 Spectator

@Steph_S , this was not on the Spectrum Programing Notices page and is still not there. Many of us are billed electronically and pay automatically so we never receive a statement in the mail. Most of use do not look at our electronic bill and don't receive a printed newspaper. Did Spectrum put this in my local newspaper? Maybe, but since I don't get a daily paper, how would I know? Even if Spectrum did send me something in the mail not tied to a bill, it is likely I tossed it as junk mail since I get plenty of that from Spectrum Mobile and all of those are tossed without opening.

Spectrum should have done one the following:

Send an e-mail titled "Channel Lineup Changes Coming to You". I'm sure that Spectrum has e-mail accounts for almost everyone.

Modify the channel guide to say "no longer available" instead of showing programs. I know that Spectrum has done this in the past when other channels were removed.

Maybe Spectrum could even add a scroll to the bottom of the El Rey channel saying "this channel will no longer be provided as of xx".

Spectrum could display "As of xx, we have stopped providing this content due <insert reason here>". when one tries to watch that channel.

I cannot imagine any of these options being difficult for Spectrum to do. Half of the frustration here is the lack of good communication. The other half is from those who watch a lot of El Rey and miss it.

• Greg_122
    Greg_122 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Bring back El Rey!!!

• Ctravels
    Ctravels Posts: 1 Newcomer

Spectrum you lie because there was no notice that El Rey was going to be discontinued! Time to move on now to a different cable company. The reason I got cable is because of El Rey!

• Footsie
    Footsie Posts: 2 Newcomer

This is ridiculous! I may have to start doing like the millennials and buy stations al la carte. No ELREY sucks. People have to watch infomercials and talk to their spouses because of this; JK. Seriously Spectrum work something out and put back ELREYwith a swiftness.

• Footsie
    Footsie Posts: 2 Newcomer

Another Sunday of no Kung Fu Theartre. Sad

• ellaboo
    ellaboo Posts: 1 Newcomer

Bring back El Rey

• TBGood
    TBGood Posts: 1 Newcomer

Bring back El Rey, I record a few programs on El Rey or I did. It is about the money. I live in St.Louis area I have been to the charter campus, it sits on hundreds of Acres of land in the most expensive area to live in Missouri, that land is worth hundreds of millions of dollars without a building on it. A very unnecessary investment for a cable company that office could sit anywhere far cheaper it's about money all right they have to support that land, owners of spectrum Charter have a lifestyle they need paid for time to move to the internet lot more programming. this is why people are cutting the cord

• Somebiach
    Somebiach Posts: 1 Newcomer

Why??? this is one of my favorite channels. Please try to work something out!!!

• LoriB
    LoriB Posts: 1 Newcomer

I enjoyed El Rey when it first started. As time went on they had the same 6 shows day after day. It isn't just that they wouldn't renegotiate, it just was no longer popular.

• HomerPyle
    HomerPyle Posts: 1 Newcomer

Gee,,,turn the channel on this am,hopefully to see the channel back,,,but nope.

I see a little "key" on it and when I go to El Rey,It says it is not on my subscription,,,would I like to upgrade.Wiat,I pay for the Triple Play Gold,,,200 plus channels,,,what happen,,,,I guess the Gold Package is only 199 channels,but still being billed for 200.

One of the only channels I really look forward to,,,appearently it was too popular so Spectrum decided to cash in on it..

When will it end.,,,never.,I guess.

• CKmouse
    CKmouse Posts: 1 Newcomer

Please bring El Rey back!

• frankmcre
    frankmcre Posts: 1 Newcomer

Once again Spectrum continues to reduce service and doesn't not provide any price reduction.

• Kaiju66
    Kaiju66 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I too am disappointed at El Rey's removal. But to be fair the channel is not what it was. When it started out it had from Dusk to Dawn and Lucha Underground. Now the only original programming is cheap talking head shows. It seems they don't want to spend any money and just collect the fees.

• richlando
    richlando Posts: 1 Newcomer

Bring back El Rey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.