You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Can I access the USB port on Spectrum issued routers?

Colorado_19
Colorado_19 Posts: 2 Spectator

I have connected an NTFS formatted solid-state hard drive to the RAC2V2S router through USB. In the router GUI at 192.168.1.1, the hard drive is registered and instructions are provided of how to connect it to it through Windows File Explorer at \\192.168.1.1\[harddrivename]. I have up to date Windows 10, and when I attempt to connect to the hard drive through Windows, a prompt window (Connect to 192.168.1.1) for a username/password combination appears. The manual for RAC2V2S does not mention this. I have gathered that other routers may require the same username/password combination as for the router GUI. This is not the case here, it does not work. Not admin/admin, admin/blank, blank/blank, admin/newpassword, etc.

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 673 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Colorado_19

The USB port on our routers are intended for our technicians use only and as such they are the only ones with access to that login information. If the USB is required, you may want to look into purchasing your own router as you would have total control and it may suit your needs better.

Renee T

Answers

This discussion has been closed.