Advanced Search Options
We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Troubleshooting issues with the Spectrum TV App
We put together this post to outline troubleshooting steps to resolve issues with the Spectrum TV App. This post is closed to comments, if you need direct assistance, please Ask a Question (you will need to Sign In or Register with the Community).
When posting a question or providing feedback, please post in the category matching the device you are using:
Spectrum TV App Troubleshooting:
- Have your tried deleting and reinstalling the app?
- Are you getting an error code or error message?
- Have you tried restarting the modem and/or router?
- Are you using the current version of the app and is your device's OS updated?
- Have you tried restarting the device? (Mobile device, Roku, Apple TV)
How can I install or uninstall the Spectrum TV app on my device?
You can find instructions for installing and uninstalling the Spectrum TV app based on your device:
We see frequent questions on the Spectrum Community about error codes. I am listing some common issues as we as troubleshooting steps
- The Spectrum TV App is currently supported on Android phones and tablets (Andoird 5.0 Lollipop or higher), iOS (12.0 and better), Roku, Xbox One, AppleTV and Samsung Smart TV’s
- The Spectrum TV App is currently NOT supported on Firestick or Androids TV's
- Commonly, the error is caused when the app is unavailable including outages, the programming is unavailable or if there is an issue with your credentials
Search Common Error Codes
The app won't download, shows as "pending"
Clear Google Play Store's app cache, following these instructions:
- Open your device's Settings app
- Tap Apps & notifications > See all apps.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Store
- Tap Storage > Clear Cache.
- Next, tap Clear data.
Then try to re-open the Google Play Store
- Apple: version 8.49 updated 5/4/22
- Apple TV: version 2.35.1 updated 5/6/22
- Google Play: version 8.49.0 updated 5/2/22
Minimum Service Requirements
- Your internet speed must be at least 10 Mbps.
- To use SpectrumTV.com, you'll need:
- a supported operating system (Windows 8.1+, Windows 10, or Mac OS 10.12+)
- a supported browser (the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge)
- You can use the Spectrum TV app on the following devices:
- Apple mobile devices with iOS version 12+
- Android devices with Android 5.0+
- Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HDX, except first generation devices
- Roku streaming devices, 3rd generation and up
- Xbox One
- Samsung Smart TV, model year 2012+
- Apple TV, 4th generation and up or 4K
- The Spectrum TV app isn’t intended to be used on jailbroken devices.
- Your Spectrum account must be in good standing.
Note: The Spectrum TV app doesn’t carry a 5.1 digital audio signal for 5.1 surround sound.
Your Location Matters
- All the channels you’re subscribed to are available only if you’re on your home network. If you’re away from home, some channels are disabled.
- If the location permissions on your device are disabled for the My Spectrum app, you won’t get access to all your channels.
- You won’t be able to access the Spectrum TV app or SpectrumTV.com if you’re outside the United States.
I can’t sign in
- Have you changed your Spectrum password? If you changed it when paying your bill, for example, you’ll need to update it for the Spectrum TV app and SpectrumTV.com.
- If you’ve forgotten your login info, visit spectrum.net and select Forgot Username or Password?
New Customer Help
- If you’re new to Spectrum, you need to create a Spectrum username to sign in to the Spectrum TV app or Spectrum.TV.com.
- You’ll need to allow 24 to 72 hours for your new username to work with the Spectrum TV app or on SpectrumTV.com.