You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum TV app and Apple TV 4th gen ~ solution

Options
droliff
droliff Posts: 4 Spectator

Hi all,

Just wanted to post this in the Spectrum community for anyone else who may be experiencing sudden difficulty with Spectrum TV app giving an AFE-1004 error code "We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please check your internet connection and try again."

I was having this happen all of a sudden after the app worked fine for a long time. I tried deleting and re-downloading the app, didn't work. Hard restart on my Apple TV 4K, didn't work.

Here's what worked:

1. Hard reset of my modem (netgear) and...
  2. Hard reset of my wireless router (also netgear)

I hope this helps anyone else having this issue with the Spectrum TV app.

Regards,

Dennis

here is an image of the error that showed up on my tv screen:

Tagged:

Best Answer

• droliff
    droliff Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Julia_R ,

Thanks for the input. The fly in the ointment with this Spectrum TV app not working was, that every other

app on the Apple TV 4K unit was working just fine. So, it wasn't immediately apparent that there was a streaming problem. The AFE-1004 error code DID ask for you to 'check internet connection' though.

Glad I ended up eventually finding the solution. Hope this helps others having the same issue.

I suppose both the modem and router should be hard reset at regular intervals regardless, to keep streaming

running smoothly.

Regards,

Dennis

Answers

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor
    Options

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience!

A reboot of the modem/router and device is always a good first step when dealing with any sort of problem

surrounding streaming or Internet connection problems.

Have a great rest of the day!

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.