You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Just got an iPhone 13 Pro on Spectrum Mobile but I can't make phone calls or texts to spoofed #s

SnazzyAI
SnazzyAI Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just got this direct from Spectrum. I didn't port a number. Spectrum gave me one.

And by spoofed, I mean made up ones that Google Voice, Shipt (I'm a shipt shopper and they assign fake numbers to me and the customer that we text with in iMessage via SMS). Real numbers like my brother's, my friends, call center 1-800 numbers, etc.

It seems to only be the app generated numbers listed above that don't work.

When I try and call one of these numbers, I get "Sorry, this number is not authorised in our system" immediately and then it hangs up.

I also can't edit the APN settings as far as I know. I have reset the iPhone to factory settings and set it up without restoring a backup of any kind. Still no dice.

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓

Hi SnazzyAI! Welcome to the community.

Good job doing a factory reset already, have you tried removing and reinserting your SIM card while the device is turned off, or resetting your devices network settings?

Since you do not have issues with regular numbers you may want to reinstall the Shipt app and contact them to see if they are aware of any known problems with their service or have other troubleshooting suggestions. You might need to update your Shipt profile with your new phone number.

This discussion has been closed.