You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Please update the My Spectrum App to accomodate the Dark Mode setting.

Options
Kirbnite
Kirbnite Posts: 1 Newcomer

When android users (Currently using a Samsung Note 9), have the Dark Mode setting tirned on. All white back grounds become dark. Most text then is made white.

When using the mobile app and choosing the chat with us. If dark mode is enabled, the text box you type in changes color, but the text does not. This creates an experience as if what you type is invisible. So you cannot see what you are typing.

I assume this chat functionality is something you encourage customers to utilize, therefore should be a concern to fix.

To speak with someone and have a clear conversation this setting currently cannot be turned on in my phone settings. I know my horrid typing skills need to be corrected before I hit send, so I have to go into my phone settings and turn dark mode off. I am certain that not all users would think about this being the issue. This is as a design flaw in the app not accomidating this functionality.

If you want people to use this service, it would be in everyone's best interest to address this issue.

FYI: This issue has been ongoing for at least 2+ years as that was the first time I tried the in app chat. Assumed it would be updated at some point, but the developers must not try the app with the dark mode setting turned on.

If you look at my input hard enough, there is text in the text entry box.

Answers

• Matthew_G
    Matthew_G Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

I do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing that to our attention your feedback will be forwarded.

This discussion has been closed.