You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

No more NBC Sports Network?

AntDude
AntDude Posts: 149 Contributor

Just got the new bill and noticed this: "IMPORTANT PROGRAMMING CHANGE: On January 1, 2022,

NBC Sports Network, ceased providing programming on your

Spectrum channel lineup. To view additional sports programming,

check your Spectrum TV Guide for channel locations and

programming details. For a complete channel lineup, visit

http://spectrum.com/channels ."

I don't see it anywhere in the channel lineup including Gold package. What happened? :( I watch it once in a while like for Paralympics' ceremonies.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Best Answers

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello @AntDude!

NBC Sports Network actually ceased operations completely as of Jan.1 They no longer provide programming on any provider. I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Paul_B

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

On ODN Guide,

It says something in the Time Grid that NBCSN programing was moving to USA Network 24x7 on January 1, 2022. But if you go to USA Network, on channel 34 here, they are still showing regular USA Programing. But this is a station issue, not a Spectrum issue.

I take from the message that USA Network has acquired former NBCSN programing. When the Olympics come out, Spectrum creates a special Olympic's category for the search systems in the guide. If it's like past years, that category will open up a sub-set of different categories by Olympic Events, with about 10 channels (All NBC affiliates devoted to Olympic programing.)

It's true that we no longer have NBCSN because there is no longer any NBCSN. But the programs are going to be moving to other NBC networks, so nothing will really be lost.

Satch

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

@AntDude

The 2022 Winter Olympics will be available for streaming on Peacock. Look for an announcement soon that will also include other ways to watch.

Answers

• AntDude

Thank you for the quick answer, Paul_B. Do you know what replaces them like for Olympics, Paralympics (mainly for its ceremonies), etc.?

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

I am not 100% certain, however, these things may be broadcast on your local NBC affiliate.

Paul_B

• AntDude

Thanks James_M. I assume that will require another paid subscription. Or will that be free like HBO Max with HBO subscription?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Actually, Spectrum video subscribers are eligible for a 12 month Peacock Premium Free Trial !

• AntDude

Thanks James_M. Darn. It's not like subscribed HBO's free HBO Max since it didn't require another subscription.

This discussion has been closed.