You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Troubleshooting: Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV type

baradanikto
baradanikto Posts: 10 Spectator

I'm trying to research the many daily drops I receive from Spectrum Internet. I've already had a tech out to my house, and, I've made several calls to Spectrum support. In fact, during the last call, the tech said she would place a 72-hour monitor on my service to troubleshoot why it drops. I was supposed to get a callback. That never happened.

I have my own Netgear C7000v2 cable gateway. On a regular daily basis, the connection drops. When I look at the logs for the time(s) it dropped, one of the consistent entries is:

Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.3

Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8

Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9

Since I own my own hardware, Spectrum will not update the firmware on my cable gateway. I can understand that, but, Netgear defers and says that it's up to the ISP to push updates to the hardware. I'm stuck in the middle trying to resolve problems and not getting help from anyone (detect the frustration?).

Can anyone suggest troubleshooting steps to try to resolve this? I've given up on getting any help from Spectrum.

Tagged:

Answers

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Hello @baradanikto and welcome to our Community. Is it possible to run a hardwire connection from the modem to computer to test the connection to see if the connection drops?

• baradanikto

Hi Steph,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what it is you want me to do. It's not just one device that drops. Every device on the network drops the connection. I typically notice when my Roku device pops up a message that the connection was lost. Additionally, our "Echo" device stops working also.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

We are not seeing an issue with the signal to the modem. It sounds like you are experiencing wireless interference. To narrow down the issue, please connect any device directly to the modem using an ethernet cable and test the device to see if the drops also occur on the direct connect to the modem.

Thanks!

• baradanikto

I can try that, but, I don't think that's the problem. I run an Eero mesh network in my house, so, the wifi signal is pretty strong.

This discussion has been closed.