You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

I am getting an error "We're sorry, something didn't quite work right. Please try again later."

Altheacat
Altheacat Posts: 1 Newcomer

Whenever I try to login to my account it gives me an error. I've been trying for months unsuccessfully. How can I fix this?

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to the Community!

On what devices are you having this problem? If it is a web browser, is it on multiple web browsers? What operating system(s) are you using?

First step would be to clear your cookies and cache minimally for your Spectrum account. Close out of everything, reboot the device and try again. You will need to re-log into all sites when cookies are cleared and possibly the cache as well.

Satch

• catchtwentytwo
    catchtwentytwo Posts: 138 Contributor

We occasionally get similar errors and found trying to logon again right after getting the message works.

If Satch's suggestions don't resolve your problem, try another browser. However if you have the problem using Google Chrome, switching to Opera or Microsoft Edge may not help since all 3 browsers are based on the Chromium open-source project. Firefox is NOT Chromium-based and might be worth a try.

Another potential work-around is to put your browser in Incognito or Private Mode. That disables most browser extensions and add-ons , some of them can cause logon difficulties especially Adblockers and Tracking Cookie Blockers.

If you can successfully logon with Incognito/Private mode, that's a indication that one of your Extensions is the problem. Disable them all and add back one at a time until the culprit is found.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited January 2022

Hello @Altheacat

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the login issues. One of the more common causes of that error is an issue with the login authenticating. The first thing I would recommend trying is to reboot your modem and router as it will usually clear any authentication errors and allow you to log in. If that doesn't work, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.