You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Ever hear 'you have entered a restricted code' when trying to dial out from landline?

Coolncute
Coolncute Posts: 3 Spectator

For the last 3 months on my landline every time we try to dial out we get an error message stating that "you have entered a restricted code". We can receive calls in but we cannot make calls out. We have contacted Spectrum we have talked to the doj and pack Department we have spoken to management and no one knows how to fix this issue. About ready to cancel service because no one at Spectrum can resolve this issue for me. So if anybody in the community has any resolution I would greatly like to hear . Thank you

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

@Coolncute wrote:

A Jason from SPECTRUM just called me and he did something over the phone that took him a few seconds and he told me to dial out and he'd call me back. I was skeptical but whatever he did worked. I tried to dial a few numbers and i was able to. He called me right back and i told him it worked and i asked him why it took over 3 months to fix and he said that it was something that could've been fixed over the phone on my very first call made in. So he said he's gonna address this issue. So it is finally fixed now. Thank you

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 649 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Coolncute

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the phone issues. I did pull up the account using your community registration information and it looks like it has been escalated and is being watched by one of our Field supervisors. They stated that they had given you their information to contact them about the phone issues. Have you been unable to reach them recently?

• Coolncute

Yes Renee that is why I'm reaching out to the community now. This has been an ongoing issue for almost 3 months now and I'm past being upset. I have a notebook of all the techs that have come out to my house and every single person we've spoken to on the phone. From billing dept to the DOJ and PACK depts. They told me to buy a new phone and i did that. They told me to switch out my equipment i did that. Nobody has any solutions for me. I believe if a company offers a service they should know how to fix any problems that arise. At this point I will probably just be cancelling soon.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 649 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I completely understand. The only reason I was asking if you were having trouble reaching them was so that we could reach out for you to see if we're able to get an update or any further information that we can pass along. I'm going to private message you just to verify the account information and then we can get that done for you.

• Coolncute

I have been in touch with Chad and so has my fiance and no luck with him either. Please make sure my account is noted to not shut off my services because I need this phone fixed immediately for my job and not fair I pay for something I cannot use.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@Coolncute wrote:

A Jason from SPECTRUM just called me and he did something over the phone that took him a few seconds and he told me to dial out and he'd call me back. I was skeptical but whatever he did worked. I tried to dial a few numbers and i was able to. He called me right back and i told him it worked and i asked him why it took over 3 months to fix and he said that it was something that could've been fixed over the phone on my very first call made in. So he said he's gonna address this issue. So it is finally fixed now. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.