You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

cDVR Playback Issues

AshleyS
AshleyS Posts: 1 Newcomer

I found a thread in Reddit that was older and had no solution. For the past week or so, my recordings will either freeze or keep jumping back to the same earlier spot in the show. I can’t even watch 10 seconds sometimes before it happens again. No problems with live TV, using AppleTV. It is the only device I’m using

I contacted support and did some troubleshooting and then they blamed me router and told me to contact the manufacturer. That is totally NOT the problem.

I have reinstalled the app, reset the modem and router, and done a factory reset on the AppleTV. This is unacceptable.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,304 Contributor

Hello @AshleyS,

Welcome to the Community!

Spectrum's cloud DVR is a work in progress. One limitation is that on program playback, you must wait for the whole program to completely record before playing it back, or you will have the potential for buffering problems on playback. This is because what is being recorded in the cloud needs all the program information in the buffer to be able to move through the program effortlessly.

A plus is 50 hours of programs can be stored on cloud DVR and 100 hours can be stored on cloud DVR+

If you are still having playback issues with full recordings, after rebooting of your equipment, it would be neccesary to contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line check to test your signal strength and line quality. If the levels are poor, the tech would need to replace the line drop. Only a tech's onsite visit will fix line, wiring, and signal issues.

Satch

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,304 Contributor

See my post above for a review of Cloud DVR's limitations and positives.

@Dcamarra , since you had a signal and line check and everything is fine, I would recommend switching back to regular DVR service with a Spectrum box instead of a Roku. You will get full functionality of DVR service this way.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.