You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Roku app DVR error code RCD-1007

dfox
dfox Posts: 9 Participant

Have an issue when watching a dvr show, then watching something else, then coming back to resume dvr’d show. Show does not load or play. Get error code RCD-1007 which I can’t find documented anywhere.

once this happens, DVRd show can never to played on any roku device. Have tried restarting spectrum app, rebooting Roku, signing out and back in to spectrum app, searching for program from search instead of dvr list. Nothing works.

Can switch to iPhone app and play dvr content that won’t play on Roku just fine.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @dfox !

The RCD-1007 error means "There was an issue during the streaming playback due to an issue with device connectivity or compatibility." A connectivity issue could possibly be causing this issue as well as the audio issue you mentioned in your other thread.

Usually just rebooting the modem by removing the power cord for 30 seconds before plugging it back in will fix issues like this. If you have a separate router, wait for the online light on the modem to come back on and then reboot the router in the same manner. If the errors persist after trying this please try running a speed test while close to the Roku to make sure you are getting good signal.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Thank you. I have sent some updates to the modem from my end, can you please log out of the Spectrum TV app on your RoKu, then re-log in and test your streaming services. If the issue continues, please let me know.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Thank you @dfox for the update. After looking into this a bit further we do have a known issue regarding the issue that you are experiencing with error RCD-1007. Our engineers are working to resolve this, unfortunately at this time we do not have an estimate time of repair.

• Melde56
    Melde56 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having this issue as well. I have disconnected and reconnected the roku device, disconnected and reconnected the modem, updated roku, updated the spectrum app, signed out and back in, Uninstaller and reinstalled the spectrum app. I spent an hour chatting with spectrum who informed me there was no issue on their end I need to contact roku. Roku has the worst customer service, in that they have NO customer service for my device and issue. This is very frustrating.

• Makgss
    Makgss Posts: 1 Newcomer

Have been wrestling with this issue for several weeks. Hosted DVR loses it's mind an displays RCD-1007, Service Unavailable. No amount of restarts and rebooting clears it. Any progress on finding a fix?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @Melde56, @Makgss, welcome to our community!

I'm sorry for the ongoing difficulty with the cloud DVR service, this is still a known issue which our engineers are working to resolve. I have not been provided any specific progress updates.

This discussion has been closed.