You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cannot watch DVR recording - Error Code STBA-3305

Options
peeNunn2inc
peeNunn2inc Posts: 2 Newcomer

Trying to watch a recording on my 210 DVR and I'm getting an error code STBA-3305. I have already rebooted my DVR and it didn't work. Every other recording works fine, it's just this specific one. Is there a way to fix this?

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,090 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @peeNunn2inc ! Welcome to our community!

I see there is a known issue causing some receivers to occasionally get this error. Unfortunately if rebooting did not help I'm not sure of any way to recover the recording. I recommend checking if that program is available on demand or schedule another recording for the next airing. If this problem becomes more frequent it may be worth having a technician come out to test the signals and/or replace the DVR.

• ChrisMcK
    ChrisMcK Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same issue and read in this forum others have as well. There appears to be no resolution and the moderator’s responses not helpful at all. Isn’t this worth escalating and perhaps coming back with sound feedback?

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,319 Contributor
    Options

For this issue to get more detailed feedback.

1.) Does this problem occur only with one specific show or series recording? Or can it happen with any show? If it is a specific show, what is the show or channel causing this error?

2.) Does this problem occur randomly?

3.) What guide do you have? Google search, "What guide do I have?", Spectrum enter your zip code to see the guides for your area.

4.) What model box do you have?

5.) Can you reproduce the error? How often can you reproduce the error?

6.) Does reprogramming the same show or series solve the issue?

7.) Any other issues with the box? Audio? Video? Pixilation? On Demand?

8.) What is your zip code? This is so Spectrum can check for troubleshoot tickets for this problem in your area.

9.) Have you had your signals or drop line checked with a tech visit if this is occurring more than three times with the same show, series, or recording? Customers may want to consider a tech visit as @James_M suggested to check out these issues. if #9 is an issue. Users should than tune to the channel in question when the tech comes so that he can take a signal reading.

Satch

• peeNunn2inc
    peeNunn2inc Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Satch

1. No it doesn't. It's happened on two shows so far.
    2. Yes.
    3. It's the new Spectrum guide.
    4. Spectrum 210
    5. No.
    6. No.
    7. Not really.
    8. 42420
    9. No.
  • Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,319 Contributor
    Options

Hello @peeNunn2inc,

Thanks for the update answers. I would advise keeping a watch on the box at this time, and if those shows or stations develops a pattern of not recording, call Spectrum to arrange for a signal and drop line test. When the tech comes, tune to each of those stations on which the show appears so that he can take a signal reading on those channels.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.