You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How do I solve an outgoing server email error?

roy70
roy70 Posts: 3 Spectator

I am an old Charter mail user and all of a sudden both my wife and I couldn't send email. We are getting a error (Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: impout001.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmtp xx.xx.xx.xx blocked.)

I have tried disabling my antivirus without any change. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi and welcome!

Are you using an email client? What is the specific error code (usually starts with #AUP). Do you get the same error when using Charter webmail?

• roy70
    edited March 2022

I am using Thunderbird email client.

The error is: An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded:  impout003.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmtp xx.xx.xx.xx blocked. Please see https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#Out-1130.

I do not get the error when I use webmail.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thanks. AUP errors are Acceptable Use Policy errors. Typically there are related to either emails that have been blocked, identified as sending spam, or have attachments that exceed limits. If it is impacting multiple email addresses, then there may be an issue Thunderbird email. The work around would be to use webmail to avoid the error.

• roy70

I messed around with my Local Area Connection and the Wifi network settings and I rebooted

after I lost all connection to Wifi and now I can send emails. If I knew what I did, I could fix my wife's email.

This discussion has been closed.