You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cannot seem to play some DVR recordings on my iPad

Rtfd515
Rtfd515 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have been a long time customer and I have been successfully watching the programs I have recorded on my DVR on my iPad. However, I am struggling to be able to watch one series in particular called The Repair Shop which is aired on Discovery HD. I have 38 episodes recorded and instead of being able to “Watch Season 5, Episode X,” the only option I have is to “Watch Recording on TV” and that is impossible since I am traveling and no where near my TV

Any idea what the problem might be? Wondering if there might be a compatibility issue if I am recording from an HD channel but I do not see any other non-HD options with the Discovery Channel. IPad OS 15.3.1

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Rtfd515, welcome to our community!

We don't separate SD and HD channels anymore so that is not the issue. You would need to subscribe to cloud DVR (cDVR) service to record and watch content from your iPad, it is different than home DVR service which can only be viewed through the DVR. You may have been watching content On-Demand on your iPad, unfortunately I do not see The Repair Shop is available on demand through our app or any of the 3rd party apps we provide access to. It is on Discovery+ but that is a standalone streaming service you would need to subscribe to separately.

This discussion has been closed.