You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cloud DVR not working on Samsung Smart TV

David2022
David2022 Posts: 2 Spectator

Recently signed up with Spectrum and have successfully completed all the setup with the exception of the Cloud DVR service on one of my Smasung Smart TV's. This TV is older, but I can run the app and watch shows through on this TV through the app - just can't record or watch recordings. The newer Samsung Smart TV can record and watch as can my Android phone. No option to record or view existing recordings (My Library) on the older TV. Is this simply an old TV (older software/hardware issue) or is there something else I can try. I have already deleted the app, reinstalled, reset the receiver box, counted to 15...

Answers

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee
    edited March 2022

Good afternoon and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

The Spectrum TV app is supported on Samsung Smart TV model years from 2012-present, including Smart TV Orsay and Tizen operating system models.

I would recommend visiting Samsung's website to see if your particular TV is compatible.

Appstore Compatible - Spectrum TV G00009313465 | Samsung TV & Blu-ray Apps

Paul_B

• David2022
    David2022 Posts: 2 Spectator

Thanks Paul. I find my model number on the list, so that part is good. Still can't seem to get the Cloud DVR service to show on this TV. Followed all the same procedures (three times) as I did on the newer TV.

Little more background - I had hoped to use just the App on both TV's and avoid the receiver or set box completely (saves $20 per month). This works OK, but to have the Cloud DVR service, they said I needed to have at least one box ($10 for box plus $10 for Cloud DVR). This box is connected to the older TV where we do most of our viewing. Other option was to get the DVR box ($22), but this would limit viewing of those recordings to the TV it is connected to. Do you see any alternatives?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,067 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I'm sorry, cDVR on Samsung TV is not officially supported, though it may work on 2017-2021 models with TVSDK and/or DASH. You can view the devices fully supported by visiting our cDVR FAQ.

This discussion has been closed.