You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Outlook 365 issues

Charter_User
Charter_User Posts: 4 Spectator

I have been forwarding my Charter email address to Gmail for about a month, after I discovered that I was no longer able to send or receive mail using the Charter server. Since then I have contacted Tech support who verified my setup and settings. I have no problems with Gmail but have several years of business contacts using my charter email address. Is there an updated status on the resolution to the issue when using Outlook . I find the webmail solution provided by Spectrum to be inadequate.

Answers

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Hello @Charter_User and thank you for your post. I am not aware of any known issues with our email and Outlook. What type of error message are you receiving when you try to send mail?

Thank you.

Paul_B

• Charter_User

Thanks for your reply, the error message that I keep getting is 0x800CCC0E. I deleted the Charter account on my desktop and now am unable to re add it because the server keeps disconnecting. I'm at a loss

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Are you able to sign in to webmail? Have you verified your server settings in Outlook? Are you getting an error message when you attempt to re-add, or can you elaborate what's happening when you say the server keeps disconnecting?

• Charter_User
    edited April 2022

Hey William, Yes webmail works fine. I verified the server settings with Tech support. the message that I get when I try to re-add states that the server dropped the connection. Please see included word doc.

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 678 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Since the issue is only with Outlook you would then need to reach out to Microsoft for further assistance. We would only be able to troubleshoot our own webmail website. As long as the webmail website works and the settings are correct then the issue is not on our end.

-Tyleen

• djbradp1
    djbradp1 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I also have a problem getting my charter account setup in outlook on my new machine. Same as above.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited April 2022

Hi @djbradp1 ! Welcome to our community!

Please sign in to our webmail to make sure the email account is active and you have the correct password. If so, make sure you are configuring outlook with the correct server settings.

This discussion has been closed.