You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Roadrunner account can't send out from phone

katmandew
katmandew Posts: 4 Spectator

For several months now I can receive but not send email from my phone. Sending from my computer's web browser works fine. My phone doesn't give me any error other than putting the message in the outbox and saying "sending failed" or "couldn't send". I've been changing my server settings and nothing seems to work. I will list the server settings I've been using, then the ones that I've tried:

Previous server settings (have used for years, can receive just fine):

Incoming server: IMAP: mail.twc.com, Security type: None, Port: 143

Outgoing server: SMTP: mail.twc.com, Security type: None, Port: 587, require authentication: yes

Per Spectrum's site, I've tried the following settings:

Changed incoming port to 993, changed outgoing port to 587, changed all security to SSL.

When finalizing the outgoing server settings, I receive the following error: "Couldn't verify account. Server does not support authentication." I've retyped my email and password in each location applicable and they are correct. What else can I do?

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi and welcome!

Have you also tried changing the password or deleting and reinstalling the email on the phone?

A couple other questions include what is the phone and email client you are using?

• katmandew

I just removed it from my phone and attempted to add, but it fails at roughly same part, so now I don't have it at all.

Something I noticed, though, is that even though I'm entering SSL and 587 as the outgoing port, when it attempts to check the connection it asks if I want to accept all certificates. If I click OK, it changes to "SSL (Accept all certificates)" and changes the port to 465. If I click Cancel at the prompt, it just stops the whole process.

I'm using a Samsung S20 FE with Verizon.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Have you tried changing the password? Can you confirm that the email is associated with an active account?

• katmandew

It is an active account; I can log in via webmail and send and receive. I have not changed the password.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I recommend changing the password then removing and re-adding the account from the mail client. If the same thing happens please try a different device or mail client.

• katmandew

Oh my goodness, I feel so silly. The only place that I've tried this is while at work (I try not to check email at home). Knowing where I work and how locked down the network tends to be, I figured I'd try turning off wifi and doing the process over cellular data. Worked right away. Good thing to remember for the future!

Thank you for your time and effort with my issue.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Great to hear it's working! It's our pleasure.

This discussion has been closed.