You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why is Cloud DVR is not recording or not showing some recordings?

2»

Answers

• The_Way_I_See_It
    The_Way_I_See_It Posts: 32 Contributor

The problems are still occurring. Sometimes I can go a day or two with no problems then, like this morning when I try to start a recording it starts for about 20 seconds then hesitates, goes black, and gives the RCD-1007 Error. Also a second recording that was supposed to record this morning is missing. Finally two recordings that were in my Cloud DVR list yesterday are missing this morning. Are these problems ever going to be fixed?

• The_Way_I_See_It
    edited May 2022

More problems. When trying to watch a NASCAR race FS1 on Roku and about 2/3 into the race the playback goes blank. Waited 2 minutes still black. Backed out and resumed. Playback started at a point about 3 minutes earlier. When it got to the same point it goes black again. Waited 2 minutes again. Backed out tried again same results. Backed out again and resumed. It went again to the 3 minutes earlier again. Tried fast forward. Numbers indicated 4 minutes forward. Pressed Ok. Playback restarted at same point before fast forward. Tried fast forward again for 6 minute jump. Pressed Ok. Screen just displayed black. Waited 2 minutes still black. Backed out again. Resumed. Black again then Error messge “Unable to compete Request We’re sorry something didn’t work quite right Please try again later.” I tried again with the same Error. I tried using my Web interface and the playback gets stuck with a spinning circle. I tried a couple other recordings and they played ok on Roku and Web.. It appears the FS1 recording is corrupted or has other issues. I tried the recording about ½ hour later and it resumed at the beginning. I fast forwarded to approximately the same place when the problem occurred. It played for a couple seconds, went black, and the earlier problems resumed with the same error message. Please fix these problems.

• The_Way_I_See_It

FYI to All: I have been working with Community_Help on my issue and they scheduled a Spectrum tech to come to my house and check the Spectrum connectivity for my house. The following is my reply to them on the tech's visit:

The Spectrum tech came by Friday afternoon. He tested the cable feed in the house and everything tested good with no problems detected. He ran tests feeding the modem and looked at the operation of my system on the other side of my router. Everything looked good. I am getting 465 mps down 23 mps up good 30 ms ping times. To be thorough he replaced the connectors and grounding feed through in the entry box for the house. I showed him an example of a recording that was still giving an error when I tried to play it and his opinion was it was not being caused by a connectivity problem. The system has been working without an errors so far on other recordings except the one I had a couple days before the tech came by. So far I haven't had any new errors but in the past the problems have been intermittent and I have had a good week or so at times without problems but then issues would come back, sometimes in mass. I guess I am in a wait and see status.

• The_Way_I_See_It

The Service Unavailable RCD-1007 errors on Roku, Unable to Complete Request Reference Code: WLP-999 errors on the web app, and Recording Unavailable DCD-1005 errors on Android devices are back. I went for about 4 days without them but now they are happening again.

Also I have had two scheduled recordings that were in my scheduled recordings list that were not recorded last Tuesday and Thursday.

• The_Way_I_See_It

I went into my web spectrum app and it displayed two CDVR recordings for this morning. I decided to look at the listings in the on demand option. After not finding something of interest I decided to go back to the CDVR listings and now the two listings for this morning have disappeared. I restarted the web app but the listings are still gone. I tried my Roku no luck. This is very frustrating,

• The_Way_I_See_It

Back to the future almost. Recordings still doing strange things. A recording is listed this morning as being recorded on 6/11/22. The recording scheduled for this morning 6/4/22 does not show in the details for the recordings and appears to not been recorded or is not listed as being available.

• The_Way_I_See_It

Spent the day working a project. When I got home and was going to look through my recordings for the afternoon and evening and found they all were missing. What good is a DVR when you can't count on it to reliably record shows?

This discussion has been closed.