You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Using spectrum tv app with VPN on an Android phone

Options
disasterinc
disasterinc Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am trying to use the spectrum tv app with a VPN on an Android phone. I have excluded the spectrum tv app in my VPN settings and the app still fails with the VPN detected error on cellular but works fine on my home wifi network. I have confirmed with a browser and ipleak.net that the VPN properly excludes apps. Before someone replies with simply turn off the VPN, I have no interest in doing that to use the app. Any suggestions of how I can get the VPN and spectrum tv app to play nice on cellular? If not, I may just follow through on my plan to cancel spectrum TV and go with YouTube TV which (1) plays nice with a VPN and (2) doesn't block my access to local channels when I'm not on my home network.

Comments

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 686 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

Generally speaking our app does not work using a VPN. Depending on the VPN you are using as you stated some things can be excluded from the VPN and be allowed to work. However if it is not allowing the access away from the home internet that could be an issue with the VPN itself.

Are you getting a specific error message when trying to use the app with a VPN on cellular?

-Tyleen

• Zoegabriel22
    Zoegabriel22 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Why can't I watch spectrum tv on my android phone

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,711 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Options

Why can't I watch spectrum tv on my android phone

@Zoegabriel22

Are you also having an issue including VPN or a separate issue? Are you getting an error message?

This discussion has been closed.