Internet connection dropping since December 2021
I have been spectrum customer since summer of 2021, but I started to have issues since December 2021. My issues are:
- Internet connection is dropping randomly for 5 to 10 seconds, multiple times a day, and throughout the day and night. An example of internet outage is:
I am measuring IPv4 datagrams received and sent, and this occurred on May 6th, 2022. You can see brief outages. They are short but they are long enough to impact my work, game, and using streaming services.
- I did not have any issue with internet connection/reliability until December 2021. Since December 2021, I have these brief outages for two to three weeks, then I get a long outage (one or two hours long) with text message from Spectrum saying there are outages reported in my area. The long outage gets fixed, and I no longer have brief outages for a month. Then, the brief outages come back for two to three weeks until another long outage. I started to see this pattern for about 5 months now..
- For past 5 months, I had about 6 to 7 technician visits (some supervisor technicians), we replaced everything and checked everything in my room and apartment building. I replaced routers, modems, and wires in my room, end to end from cable from wall to my computer. I tried to hard-wire into Spectrum modem and restart the Spectrum modems. But I still have these outage problem (hardwiring into modem eliminates my router being a problem).
- Multiple technicians checked the internet box in my apartment, and they all said there is no problem there. I called Spectrum tech representative multiple times, and they all say there is no connection issue on their end, although I see connection issue on my end (see attached picture above). I am getting tired of calling and having tech visits, while the problem is not getting solved at all.
- As I said before, the ONLY fix for this brief outages is when long, area outage occurs and that gets fixed along with my brief outages. I think there is a recurring problem outside of my room and apartment and brief outages are precursor to a larger problem. I am not sure when DOCSIS 3.1 upgrade happened in my area, but I suspect this upgrade is the root of the problem, because I never had any issue with Spectrum internet until December 2021.
I already spent a lot of time and money to solve this issue on my end, but this issue is keep coming back and not being solved at all by Spectrum.