You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

I have a sax1v1r router and I'm trying to setup 2ghz

NeedHelpeon
NeedHelpeon Posts: 1 Newcomer

My smart bulbs need a 2ghz connection to work.... they'll connect to the 5ghz, but shortly after stop working. They need a 2ghz connection to remain constantly reliable. Now before getting this new fancy sax1v1r at my old home I had another router that let me login via 192 168 etc and set up 2ghz. This sax1v1r isn't letting me do that it's shoving me to the my spectrum app which isn't helping at all. The app doesn't have an option to enable a separate 2ghz connection for my bulbs to connect to. My Question is am I overlooking something or is this sax1v1r model modem is just lacking in features and I need to go get my old router?

Best Answer

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Good evening @NeedHelpeon and Welcome to the Community!

I understand exactly what you're going through with the smart bulb connections. Unfortunately the SAX1V1R WIFi 6 routers are designed to automatically detect the best network connection (2.4 vs. 5G) available and doesn't allow for manually selecting a network for specific devices. Depending on where the router is located if possible, you can try moving it further away from those devices which can switch the connection from 5G to 2.4 but since there's probably a number of those bulbs throughout your home that may not work or be an ideal solution. The only other option would be to use your own router that would allow you to log in and set those specific connections.

-Heather

This discussion has been closed.