You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Return Equipment

Options
Torre3
Torre3 Posts: 1 Newcomer

We were sent an updated modem and router with directions for set up and returning the old device. Set up was easy. There were several choice for returning the old modem, one was to make a reservation at a Spectrum store, which I did. I was told they couldn’t accept the modem, I could bring it to UPS. He also informed me that there are certain states that can’t do this, including Florida, which is where I am. Also said that it would cost too much to have different sets of instructions.

After questioning this, the gentleman scanned the modem and said it wasn’t in their system, mind you it was delivered and installed by a spectrum employee. I was told of he took it I wouldn’t have proof as it didn’t show up on his screen. So I was sent to UPS where scanning allowed me to get a receipt. So, why give instructions that don’t apply? How many other people are running around following directions and being turned away?

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,083 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Torre3, welcome to our community!

I'm sorry for the trouble returning your equipment. Per How to Return Your Spectrum Equipment, return via Spectrum store would only be available if there are no UPS or FedEx stores in your area. Could you advise if the instructions you were provided differ from what is shown on our website?

This discussion has been closed.