Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Hurricane Ian Update

Get the latest updates on storms affecting service in your area.
For customers in areas in the storms path, including Southwest and Central Florida, if your services are impacted, we are working to restore your service as soon as safely possible.

Live streaming is available free of charge for the duration of Hurricane Ian coverage whether or not you subscribe to Spectrum, on our websites at baynews9.com or mynews13.com and on our Spectrum News app which
can be downloaded at spectrumnewsapp.com

Our Spectrum WiFi access points will be available to the public at no cost from September 28-October 2 in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina

Icons on manage devices on app

RJG95RJG95 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 3 in Troubleshooting the My Spectrum App Jun 23, 2022

I have a device that I am not sure what it is. On manage devices on my spectrum app all my devices will show a icon like an iphone or tv or gaming console on the left of whats connected. One of these devices just has a circle with three dots inside of it. What does this mean? it says apple but not sure what it is..

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 396 Moderator
    Jun 24, 2022

Hi @RJG95, welcome to our community!

The app can sometimes figure out what device type is connected by looking at the MAC address, but it is not always able to which will cause that icon you are seeing. If you tap on the device and then select "View Device Info" if it will provide additional information that may be useful to help you identify what it is, including what the device is named and it's MAC address. Very smart of you to pause the unknown device until you are able to identify what it is!

This discussion has been closed.