You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

what is error code WLP-4002?

Jake717
Jake717 Posts: 3 Spectator

For some reason https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv?sessionOverride=true loading only spins then I get the error message with error code WLP-4002. This happens for every channel. It started last week and doesn't make a difference what browser I use either. I am logged in so it isn't that. I get a similar error (WVP-4002) when trying to watch something On Demand. What is wrong?

Answers

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Good morning and welcome to the Spectrum Community, @Jake717

It sounds like the app isn't getting the information from the modem concerning the entitlements you have to your TV subscription. Most of the time a reboot of the modem (router too, wouldn't hurt) will take care of the issue and get everything on the same page. Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.

Nice to meet you,

Randy

• Jake717

Will give it a try this evening and will report back. Thank you so much. Jake

• Jake717

Randy, it must be an issue with my win10 computer, it works on my wife's win11 laptop. Any ideas?

• durandmy
    durandmy Posts: 1 Newcomer

Having the same issue with Win10 tablet. Any remedies?

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Hello @Jake717

According to what I am seeing it could be an issue with the computer not maintaining a connection to the network. Is the computer connected via an Ethernet cable or WiFi? What other troubleshooting steps have you taken with this issue? I ask so that we do not duplicate efforts.

Paul_B

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,700 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@Jake717, @durandmy

In addition to restarting the modem and router to reset the connection to the app, please clear the browsing history, as well as the cache & cookies from the devices impacted. If the issue continues, please let us know the specific error code or codes (if different from WLP-4002) and if it is impacting all channels or just certain channels. Last, please confirm if you are on your home network.

This discussion has been closed.