You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Do I really need cloud DVR?

LDWalker
LDWalker Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

Spectrum has finally extended their service to our rural area and we're loving the high speed internet and TV app (as compared to Hugh's Net satellite.) My question is, with the Spectrum app, is there really any reason to have the cloud DVR service? All seasons and episodes of shows are available on demand anyway, so what's the point of recording them when you can access them whenever you want? And if the Spectrum app doesn't have them, one of the other channels on Roku will, such as Discovery + or Paramount +. So, is there another reason for having the DVR that I'm overlooking or can I save some money by canceling it?

Thanks! 

Best Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @LDWalker, welcome to our community!

Most episodes of new shows these days are available On-Demand, however not all shows are available on demand immediately, and some content such as sporting events, news, and daily shows are never made available on demand which is where the DVR service comes in. There may also be re-runs of older shows or movies that are not available on demand that you may want to watch at a different time than when they air.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.