You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Anyone been having problems with TBS channel

Diverdan316
Diverdan316 Posts: 47 Contributor

My TBS HD channel has been messing up with the picture should I call spectrum & ask them I just rebooted the dvr box unscrewed the coax cable & unplugged it took out the HDMI cable & still doing it after I started it back up

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hello @Diverdan316,

What is the video problem, and how long has it been happening? Examples would be pixilation, ghost images, fuzzy picture. (etc.) Personally, I would give it 24 hours. Than you can post your zip code to the form, and the mods can check if there is a ticket report for TBS problems in your area:

1.) Is the problem always present?

2.) Or does it only occur at a certain time or times, or random?

Do some checks tonight and report back tomorrow.

Satch

• Diverdan316

I called them yesterday & they told me no reported problems with the channel & the representative she tried codes to the box that would fix picture problems & she told me that the codes she tried the box I have didn't respond to them so she said if it didn't respond to the codes then it's my box that's the problem

• Satch

Thanks for the updates @Diverdan316,

It could still be a signal issue or problem with your drop line in your neighborhood that the reps can't address or fix over the phone. You will need to contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line test. Bad weather, animal chews, aging outside wiring can affect your drop line. Most importantly, box swaps or any equipment swaps for that matter will not solve drop line problems. The tech would have to come out and take a signal reading to see how well the drop line is communicating your signals. If the signal readings are bad, the tech will replace the line. If the signal readings are good, the tech will replace the box.

Call Spectrum for a signal and drop line service call. When the tech is there, tune to TBS so that he can take a reading for that channel. While a reboot of the old box may temporarily fix the issue, if the drop line is the culprit, the issue will come back hours to days later if the drop is not fixed.

Satch

• Diverdan316

Ok well I just swapped out my dvr box for another one marked by the end of July 2022 & my tbs channel is still having problems with the picture messing up. I will call Spectrum today on the phone & ask them more stuff over the phone & yes the new box I got last night did a software update So it's got to be something that's causing the channel to mess up & like every other channel dosen't act up like my tbs channel I've checked what I could but it's very odd because at the beginning of July 2022 & before that from June & back from this year it was fine no problems thanks again

• Satch

Yea @Diverdan316 ,

You have a signal issue or a line issue. Like I said, box swaps won't fix that. You have to get a physical evaluation and possible replacement of the drop in your neighborhood by a tech. Now, if the drop line is OK, they might also want to check inside wiring and basement wiring if applicable to your home.

There is a possability that the problem with TBS could be further along in your node which a signal trance route, done by your field tech, would have him open a ticket for a bucket tech to look at a possible problem further up the chain.

Another problem is that there may not be enough people watching TBS in your division to care enough to report the issue. Without a service call work order, Spectrum needs at least three people in the same area, to report the same issue to escalate priority status. Six or more people, triggers an automatic dispatch response. But this is going to require an on-sight tech investigation. Remember, when your tech visits to tune to TBS when he is there.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.