You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Clear all DVR recordings

osiris432000
osiris432000 Posts: 2 Spectator

I'm using the Spectrum app on Apple TV. My Library currently lists 2 recorded programs that do not have a "Delete Recording" option so I am unable to remove them. One was an on demand program that I have finished watching. In the other case, I was allowed to set a program up to record even though it was on a channel that I had not subscribed to (at least, that's what it says when I click "watch recording").

My question is how can these programs be removed from the My Library Recorded Programs list?

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,607 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@osiris432000

Please try deleting and reinstalling the app. You may also need to restart the modem and the Apple TV. If you are still unable to delete the recordings, please try clearing the Cloud DVR recordings using another device (smartphone, tablet, or laptop).

Thanks!

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hello @osiris432000

Welcome to our Community! Do you also have a Spectrum CATV box to test the removal of those recordings?

On new Spectrum Guide, because On Demand does not count as a recording, I don't think you can delete it from "My Library." On Demand shows are transmitted from Spectrum's servers to the boxes or apps. It's like they are downloaded to the box. They are not recordings. If there is a way to delete programs from your On Demand progress list on Spectrum Guide boxes, or the Spectrum app, try that.

My box runs the ODN guide, and on the On Demand Portal Channel (500), there is an "In Progress" list and you could clear the progress list. Note that doing this may force any watched programs to be reset. I would also not do this, if you have ordered any premium Pay Per View movies, til you have watch them all the way through.

If you were able to watch a program on a channel that you were not subscribed to, that could be some sort of database error or system fluke, which could result in the show not having a removal option. Spectrum Guide had a bug where you could not delete a series from the DVR Manager, unless the system was able to find another episode to record. You could still delete the episodes from your DVR, However, if your Series Recording showed a series that had been cancelled by the network, you could not go into Series Manager and delete that series from the Recorded Series List.

There is a provision that if no episodes of a new series are released for over a year, that series may be removed from the DVR list. What this means is that if are running Spectrum Guide and you try to delete a series set to record New Episodes Only, and that show has been cancelled or concluded by the network, the cancelled network series might not delete from Series Manager. I don't know if this has been fixed. If you have Better Call Saul set up to record New Episodes Only, and you have seen all the episodes, you can try to remove the series from the Series Manager on Spectrum Guide, to see if it deletes or not.

I hope that clarifies some things.

Satch

• osiris432000
    osiris432000 Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited August 2022

I don't have a Spectrum CATV box, only Apple TV.

One program scheduled for recording has appeared in my Recordings list for about 3 weeks with only a Watch button, through yesterday, 8/22. When I click that, it says it's on a channel that I do not subscribe to, although I do, but there's no other button to delete or cancel. Oddly enough, when I just checked today, 8/23, it now shows up as recorded and I was finally able to delete it.

The other program was streamed and watched to the end. It has only (add to) Watchlist and a More Ways to Watch buttons, no Delete Recording or Remove button.

I already tried using the phone app to manage the recording but that didn't work either.

I have 3 Apple TV boxes and 1 Roku TV and the program shows up on all of them so it seems questionable whether removing and reinstalling the app on one of them would remove it entirely but I may try at some point when I have no recordings left that I want to view if this darned program is still stuck in the list.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

This discussion has been closed.