You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

When did Spectrum change the billing description from "Spectrum" to "Charter Services"?

Rugnag
Rugnag Posts: 1 Newcomer

I was out of the USA . My credit card advised me of a non identified charge My Charters.I thought it was fraud and I cancelled my card. Lots of problems could have been avoided if an information email was sent out. by Spectrum. I only found out by going through all my accounts for changing my automatic payments.

Best Answer

Answers

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Good afternoon and thank you for joining the Spectrum Community. My apologies for the poor experience. If you haven't already, you can set up your communication preferences by logging into http://spectrum.net when you are back in the states or over a states based VPN.

Again, my apologies for the frustration.

Randy

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,254 Contributor
    edited September 2022

To my knowledge:

The Charter name is only used for stock/shareholdings in the company. Please be advised that I have not found any information about a name change from "Spectrum" to "My Charters." Always log in to your account from "My Account" page. Or call Spectrum at the number shown on your billing statement. Never through an email link. These steps will help protect your account information and identity.

Satch

• LGT
    LGT Posts: 144 Contributor

Actually for me starting Sept 1 the withdrawal from my bank account was to Charter Services. Previously it was to Spectrum. This seems to be a new thing. I pay directly from Spectrum’s web site and the web Id number for the company is the same, so I don’t think there is any fraud involved. It just seems like for payment transactions Spectrum is now using the Charter name.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,254 Contributor

For me, my monthly statement remitting address is still Spectrum. I pay from my bank.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.