You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Can you recommend settings to block spam to my charter.net email?

Hartfilms
Hartfilms Posts: 5 Participant

I keep getting the same spam which I can block in my Thunderbird email client, but it would save time if I could block them by logging in to my Spectrum account and changing settings there. I have looked for instructions but can't find any. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Joyce

Tagged:

Best Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,029 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Hartfilms! Sorry for the spam you are receiving.

The first thing you should do is mark unwanted email as spam. This will help our algorithm learn to automatically block similar emails in the future.

If the spam persists you would want to check if the emails are coming from the same email address, and if they contain the same key words.

If they are coming from the same email address or domain you can block the sender or domain.

If they are not coming from the same email address but contain the same keywords you can set up keyword filters to automatically delete or move the emails to a spam folder.

Hope this helps!

• Hartfilms
    Hartfilms Posts: 5 Participant
    Answer ✓

Working like a charm! I should have checked the Help pages after logging into My Spectrum Webmail. Didn't think to do that. Thanks @William_M!

Joyce

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,029 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

It's my pleasure!

This discussion has been closed.