You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

When will the Spectrum TV app be available on LG TVs?

RickBon
RickBon Posts: 1 Newcomer

When will the Spectrum TV app be available on LG TVs? We just purchased a very expensive LG TV and found out that the Spectrum TV app isn't available. Please let me know why it isn't available and when you anticipate it to be available.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 673 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @RickBon

Welcome to our community! While our app teams are always working on adding new features and making the app available on more platforms, they do not provide us with future dates on when those features/platforms will be made available.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,700 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Jumping in to add that you can use the app with any TV, so long as you use a third party supported device, such as a ROKU or Apple TV, otherwise you would need a set top cable box.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @AJDongan, welcome to our community! If your TCL TV has a built in Roku, you can access the Spectrum TV app through the Roku app store. If you do not have access to the Roku app store on that TV, you would need to connect a supported device.

For the app to work on any particular make/model TV or other device the app has to be redeveloped for that device and we need to get the manufacturer to agree to add the app to their app store. I am more than happy to forward your feedback about expanding the app to include all TCL smart TVs, though I cannot guarantee it will be possible.

• MooreJoeE
    MooreJoeE Posts: 1 Newcomer

I too purchased LG TV's for my new home and have chosen other streaming services due to lack of compatibility. Was there an exclusive agreement with Samsung?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @MooreJoeE, welcome to our community!

There is no exclusive agreements for availability of our app. I will forward feedback about making it available on LG TV's.

This discussion has been closed.