You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Discontinuing Cable Card support for TiVO?

Ursacat
Ursacat Posts: 1 Newcomer

I keep getting these letters about discontinuing cable card support. I have a new TiVO Bolt with a Spectrum Cable card in Truckee, CA. I do not want to buy and Apple TV or pay Spectrum for their DVR service. Yet this last emailed letter gave a date of 12/15/22 for discontinuing support. I called Spectrum Tech Support 2x and TiVO tech support and theyt can't find any information on this. As a matter of fact, Spectrum doesn't ever show a Kathleen Griffin VP, Marketing Communications as an employee. "This letter doesn't come from us." So time to report this to the PUC???

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,705 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi & welcome!

Sorry for any miscommunication or confusion. We have announced that we will no longer support CableCards and as a result, your CableCard may no longer work after the date given in the email (12/15/22 for your area). If the CableCard stops working, we will not be able to provide support for any related issues.

We started sending emails in June 2022 to give customers time to make decisions. At this time, we are offering current CableCard customers an Apple TV for 50% off or a standard DVR free for 24 months as a transition.

You can also use a third party device, such as a ROKU and stream the Spectrum TV app. We are also offering CloudDVR to CableCard customers free for 24 months, this options pairs well with the ROKU.

I can also assure you that Kathleen Griffin is a current employee and is VP of Marketing Communications. I will make sure that the employee that gave you the inaccurate information does recieve feedback.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.