You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Roku app error code RBF-2512

Dalession
Dalession Posts: 2 Spectator

For last few weeks I'm repeatedly having issues with multiple Roku devices logging into spectrum. I get error code RBF-2512. After several attempts using “automatically connect” it eventually connects and works fine. I see others online are having similar issues in December.

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited December 2022

Good evening @Dalession and welcome to our community forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concerns with our App. I am sorry for any inconvenience this must be causing you. I am not seeing any active concerns at this time. I am not sure what troubleshooting you have already completed. I recommend that you attempt to reset all the internet equipment. This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes. Are you able to try this and let us know?

-Lyn

• Dalession
    Dalession Posts: 2 Spectator

I have tried this already multiple times. This is the only (Roku) app and online streaming service having issues. It appears the app is having issues contacting the backend for authentication. The spectrum roku app was just updated again 12/14 — the second update that I have noticed this month.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,607 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited December 2022

@Dalession,

The Roku error RBF-2512 is an authentication error. The app uses the modem to authenticate and our tools show that the modem has been online for 28 days. Please restart the modem and if the issue continues, then delete the app, restart the Roku form the settings menu, and then reinstall the app. If the issue continues after those steps, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.