You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Resetting modem remotely

BMike
BMike Posts: 3 Spectator

I used to be able to reset my modem using the Android Spectrum app, but it is no longer an option. I can't find that option on Windows using a browser either. Was that feature removed?

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 317 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @BMike

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, my apologies for the poor experience. I am happy to look into this for you.

When you see your modem in the app, does it say connected? Are you connected to your home WiFi? I would advise starting with an uninstall/reinstall of the app. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

• BMike

Yes, it says it's connected. And like I said, when I am in a browser on my PC, I don't see this option there either. By the way, it is not a Spectrum modem, but I have reset it in the past using my Android phone. I am assuming this feature may not work for me anymore maybe because of an outdated modem. But I just did a speed test and it scored over 300 mbs, so I don't think I need to replace it yet. But that feature came in handy when we lost connection due to a storm.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 317 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I certainly understand. It is still best to try an uninstall and reinstall of the app to see if that option will be available after an update. Please give that a try and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance.

• BMike

Sorry for the delay. But I finally took the time to reinstall the My Spectrum app on my phone and there is still no option to remotely restart the modem. It just gives instructions how to do it manually. It used to be there in the past and I have used it before. Last time I had issues, I had to call support over the telephone, and they did it for me. That is when I discovered it was missing because I tried to use the app on my phone first.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thanks for trying that @BMike. I was able to locate your account and it looks like you are not using a Spectrum modem, so you won't be able to reset it through the app. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.