You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How do I return to live TV when rewinding a show?

Options
JPinTN
JPinTN Posts: 12 Participant

Using the Spectrum 201 DVR and rewinding a show there is no option to return to live TV without fast forwarding. There should be a "Live" button on the remote. There is not one. There are numerous complaints about this on this forum but Spectrum has ignored them. The old silver remote does have a "Live" button and it will work on the 201 DVR. This is a major flaw in the black backlit remote.

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @JPinTN, unfortunately there is no button that has a return to live function with that remote. I will be happy to forward your feedback about it.

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

The button immediately above the OK button is the regular playback reversion button and the button immediately below it is the live TV reversion button on the Spectrum Remote.

• HT_Greenfield
    Options

To restate the case more accurately for the record, the nav button doubles as regular playback reversion and the nav button doubles as live TV reversion with the Spectrum Remote even though you get the idea.

• JPinTN
    edited June 2023
    Options

That absolutely does not work with the Spectrum URC1160 backlit remote that is supplied with the 201 DVR. The up arrow simply pauses the program. Also, if you are speaking of the silver remote, it has a "Live" button to instantly return you to live TV.

• HT_Greenfield
    Options

My bad. I’m a moron 🤪 but i did stay at a Holiday Inn EXpress last nIghT but then i realized tonight that i’ve no idea what i’m talking about nevertheless and i apologize for not realizing that sooner and thus failing to refrain.

• JPinTN
    Options

William_M: Thank you. That would be great. That is certainly a huge flaw in that remote. While you can return by fast forwarding to live it is certainly an inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.